|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Congrats!
__________________
Barry "Future Is What Present Does" Collectables: 1993 WinterPark FL SSP Unit 1017 (72K miles) Other(s): 1987 Buick Grand National (862 miles) 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am- Pace Car (2,847 miles) 1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC 5.7 "1LE" (COPO), 1 of 64 (28 with 5.7L) (10,111 miles) 1995 Corvette ZR1 (859 miles) "Kiddie Carrier" 2008 BMW M5 (500 HP, V10, 6-speed....sedan) |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Are those fogs next to the front tag? I've never seen that before. Is that correct? Any close ups?
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Here is a better shot of the front with covers off. The car was originally a Colorado State Patrol car that was cloned to Georgia State Patrol by the previous owner. So far I don't think any in-service '85-'86 GSP ssp pics have surfaced. They did start using SSP Mustangs in '83, but I think they skipped a few years.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
The lights are blue wig wags (not fog lights) and were used on the 1983 GSP on the cover photo of Popular Science (or Mechanics, don't have it front of me) back in the 80's. I have not seen a photo of an 86 GSP, but I assume if they used them in 83, then they might have used them if they bought 86s. They look good with the blue light rack and blue paint scheme.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...mechanics2.htm http://www.specialservicemustang.net...mechanics3.htm |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I love the third page reference where it says that the $9,000 price tag of an 1984 SSP was a bargain. They had no idea!
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Very cool, Congrats!
__________________
-Aaron 1992 SSP Kansas Highway Patrol #264 Troop H 1991 SSP Georgia State Patrol Perm/Trunk #1195, Roof/Badge/Tag #813 |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
congradulations! awsome car and deserving of a good win. Being a native of minnesota, i want to say good job! I have a friend that owns a museum there, check it out, ellingsons car museum
__________________
1990 WSP Commercial Enforcement Mustang 927WSP http://public.fotki.com/WSP-LXMike/ |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks everyone for the congrats! I have been to the Ellingson Car Museum, and it is very nice (the Minnesota Ford High Performance club that I belong to is going there for a club event this winter). In fact back in the 90s I went to an orphan car show there, and won first place in my class with a 1972 AMC Javelin SST. The GSP is now in storage in WI for the winter.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|