|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
The first one our dealer had was number 2** but was Black. For some stupid reason they ordered a few Black ones. In 2001 the dealer had sold over 20 of them. Doing dealer trades with ones that could not move them.
Tom |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
The dealer I bought from ordered two for stock, a green and a black. The green one will be here any day but they won't be getting the black one at all. They changed that order two days after it was placed to retail and reconfigured it to be my car.
I have yet to see a black '08 Bullitt in person but on Sunday I did see my first green one on the road. Oh man, it's going to be a LONG 8 weeks! |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Mike M.......I'm saying what was posted....PM to you !!!
When you get your car...take a mirror and slide it under the strut tower brace where the Plate is attached........!!!! |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
BTW....my Bullitt was produced on 12/14/07.... plaque number is 2186. This reinforces the fact that numbered plaques were applied in no particular order.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
"I just got the following info regarding the 08 numbering plates: The plates are numbered on the assembly line before being put on the car. There is a machine that provides the next sequential number (yes consecutive order) as the next Bullitt comes down the line along with the VIN. They are lazer etched into the Bullitt plate. The plates will be impossible to duplicate, but why is a trade secret." Still mystifying.
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Forgot to add the IMBOC board discussion thread link to the above:
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150432 |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
That information just doesn't jive with the facts of cars built at different consecutive times having non sequential numbers...as noted in that post. I have been in many assembly plants. I doubt Ford would add this layer of production complacation into the build. What if the operator made an error as the car came down the line...or quality of the plate was not to specs...they would have to stop the line to correct it. My guess is they were referring to the production of plates to apply to the strut brace. But those strut braces were simply in a bin near the line for installation on Bullitts...and installed in no particular order.
If car #2186 was built on 12/14/07...that is 218 built cars per day in 10 work days.....at that rate, production of 7700 units would have been done in 35 plant work days....about Feb 1st or so. Not exact science here...but....?????????????????/ |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I'll do the mirror thing....IF THE CAR EVER GETS HERE.
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Mike,I know how you feel . I didn't see it there this morning as they had 2 Transports of deliveries will check in the morning.
Tom |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|