|
|||||||
| Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
No good updates since the brakes were finished. I think I decided on an LMR rack and pinion to replace my leaking unit, but I still need to order it. I slowly started cleaning interior trim pieces as I removed them to find the build sheet. Considering the significant improvement in weather, I may clean the carpet and remove the dash. I want to install an OEM AM/FM radio and a replacement seat belt chime.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Power steering update. I have removed everything except for the pump. I decided to go with a reman rack. I am hoping to reassemble over the next week or so. Parts list below:
BBB Rack and Pinion Dorman Pump Reservoir Edelmann Pressure and Return Lines LMR Power Steering Cooler Tube BBB inline filter Dorman Rag Joint HPS stainless hose clamps Moog Outer Tie Rods Interior update. I pulled the carpet and cleaned that up. I want to touch up some rust on the floor boards before I reinstall the carpet. I was able to fit an OEM radio back in, but can't get the it to mount properly. I also replaced the seat belt chime. I would like to get the worn headliner out before I get the interior put back together. Ill add some photos tomorrow. Last edited by 86UtahSSP; 04-05-2025 at 12:04 PM. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
I have been a little behind and haven稚 gotten anything installed yet. Hopeful that it値l get done this week. I知 not sure why, but I知 overly concerned about leaks from the lines connected to the rack. Probably due to all the posts and articles saying how easy the threads are to cross thread and/or strip. Hoping I get it right the first time. Thanks for following along.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
I just wanted to provide everyone an update. All the power steering equipment was installed successfully. I think I have a seeping leak from the power steering pump reservoir so I知 monitoring that. I went for a test drive and the brakes were locking up. I went ahead and replaced the brake master cylinder and a couple of worn brake hoses. I may also have some minor seeping from the master cylinder to distribution valve lines. I知 hoping it痴 just residual from the install after bench bleeding. Last thing I accomplished was getting four new tires installed. I知 getting very close to being ready for Carlisle. Anyone else going to be there?
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Nice! I have those tires on my 66 Mustang, and have been very happy. Although not factory-original, they look era-correct too for a SSP. Have fun at Carlisle!
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Did you get the tires online and a good deal for all 4? Or did you get them locally?
__________________
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13 2018 EB Fastback w/PP |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Cobra Jet,
I got them local. A friend of mine at a small shop offered me a competitive price. Hopefully this next weekend I can take it for a 30 minute ride or so and really begin to enjoy this thing. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|