|
|||||||
| The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I am driving my '82 SSP #0327 to the EV show in Ripon in October. Although I spent $1200 replacing all 3 CATs after I restored it and it passed smog check easily, this is a big problem for that one too. I use Stabil in the fuel when it is stored. And I don't want to have to trailer it around.
__________________
******************************************* 1982 CHP 0327 |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ripon is one show I would like to attend if the opportunity allowed.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
In NJ, any vehicle 1995 and older does not require any type of State inspection at all, including emissions. That law was passed a few years back, so we're good on this end for the NJ folks with older vehicles.
__________________
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13 2018 EB Fastback w/PP |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
That's ok advice! Thankfully, I don't live in a state that requires vehicle inspections, but I grew up in one that did and it could be an adventure!
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
You are fortunate. I am stuck with that wonderful California "Freedom" where politics is more important than common sense. We used to have a rolling 30-yr cutoff date for smog checks but that was eliminated when The Governator (Arnold) was in office. I've talked with our local legislator about trying to revive that 30-yr provision. His response was that the majority party doesn't even want us to have internal combustion vehicles anymore so they will do nothing to make it easier to own one even if it makes logic and common sense as a collectible.
__________________
******************************************* 1982 CHP 0327 |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|