|
|||||||
| Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I didn't like the trunk decal I had, so I got a set from John10608 and applied them myself. Pretty easy to do. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that show how to apply decals; a spray bottle with water and a few drops of dishwashing soap, a round-edge piece of plastic to smooth out bubbles and excess water, and a clean soft rag to wipe off water are all you need. The soap water underneath gives you plenty of time to get the decals where you want. Here is the result; 0327 in my shop.
__________________
******************************************* 1982 CHP 0327 |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Whoah! Looking good, Steve!
__________________
1982 CHP Mustang Coupe, Unit # E870567 **SOLD to chp1982** 1988 Mustang 5.0 LX, Unit # HP 43 (Wyoming Highway Patrol) 1991 Ford Crown Victoria S (Brentwood, CA Police Dept/Cinema Vehicle Svcs) 1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP** 1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol) |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Nice! Thanks for the update.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
0327 couldn’t have gone to a better home!
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thank you all for the encouragement!
__________________
******************************************* 1982 CHP 0327 |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Greetings everyone! I have been getting 0327 ready this week to drive to the Ripon EV show a week from this next Saturday. This annual show is a joint effort by Ripon PD and Menlo Park, CA PD.
I am looking forward to seeing some of my local friends there and hope to see some SSPs there to keep 0327 company.
__________________
******************************************* 1982 CHP 0327 |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Recently I decided to rebuild the 2-barrel stock Autolite carb. It worked ok; but i knew the accelerator pump was worn out because on acceleration the engine started to stumble. Very bad while warming up, and only on the hottest days was it a minor issue. I took it to an old timer who had a shop, retired and closed the shop, but was still working out of his garage.
The problem is upon install, nothing is set up. Idle mixture, choke settings, etc. What before had been a smooth-idling 302 was now rough and hard to keep idling. Strange; you'd think there would be standard settings an old timer would know to get started then fine-tune after complete warmup. There was a shop in town run by two older guys, one a Navy vet. They were the ones who set it up before; figuri8ng out what vacuum lines were needed and where to route them They had it purring like a cat. But they have both retired now and a son took the shop over. Maybe 30 yo. I took the car back to the shop, figuring it would take about a half hour, but they told me sorry, they don't know how to work on carburetors. So I'm going to have to motivate and discipline myself to figure out this Autolite carb. It is a pita to get to the idle mixture screws. I've never worked on any carbs other than GM (Rochester and Quadrajet), and that was back in the 1970s. Oh well...
__________________
******************************************* 1982 CHP 0327 |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|