Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-20-2018, 05:35 PM
92FHP 92FHP is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: GA
Posts: 13
Default

I know this is an old post but I also have a 89 FHP car that is a LoJack car as well. Not sure about much of the story behind the car. Mine was built the same month as yours. It was built before yours in 06/89.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-20-2018, 05:56 PM
kapracing's Avatar
kapracing kapracing is offline
Bobby Edwards
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: georgia
Posts: 2,635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92FHP View Post
I know this is an old post but I also have a 89 FHP car that is a LoJack car as well. Not sure about much of the story behind the car. Mine was built the same month as yours. It was built before yours in 06/89.
Marcos, Mike? (Jarhead & Imevil)
__________________
Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2019, 02:04 PM
92FHP 92FHP is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: GA
Posts: 13
Default

I still don’t have much more knowledge on my LoJack 89. From the carfax I ran recently it looks like it served in the Jacksonville area. It was also involved in a rear end collision in 91. I have the case number but I know they don’t have those records anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2019, 08:58 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92FHP View Post
I still don’t have much more knowledge on my LoJack 89. From the carfax I ran recently it looks like it served in the Jacksonville area. It was also involved in a rear end collision in 91. I have the case number but I know they don’t have those records anymore.
What makes you think it served in Jacksonville? Also, I've heard some have had luck getting the crash reports, even after they were supposedly moved into "storage", so you might want to give it a try.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2019, 10:12 PM
kapracing's Avatar
kapracing kapracing is offline
Bobby Edwards
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: georgia
Posts: 2,635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
What makes you think it served in Jacksonville? Also, I've heard some have had luck getting the crash reports, even after they were supposedly moved into "storage", so you might want to give it a try.
I’m pretty sure he ran a carfax or something ?
__________________
Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-13-2019, 10:56 PM
Florida528 Florida528 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 42
Default

Hello, two things: If your car had accident damage, see what Ford dealership was closest to the assigned troop. It's a long shot but they may have repair records. I obtained maintenance records for my 89 from the dealer where it was serviced. Also, has the car been repainted?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-17-2019, 01:07 AM
92FHP 92FHP is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: GA
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida528 View Post
Hello, two things: If your car had accident damage, see what Ford dealership was closest to the assigned troop. It's a long shot but they may have repair records. I obtained maintenance records for my 89 from the dealer where it was serviced. Also, has the car been repainted?
I have no idea what troop my car was assigned to do I wouldn’t have a clue what dealer to check with. Cars roof was just sprayed black at some point to hide the tan but that’s about it. It’s still showing through where the paint is wearing off
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2019, 03:11 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapracing View Post
I’m pretty sure he ran a carfax or something ?
Unless it served in a county (really Troop) subject to emissions testing, a Carfax means nothing as far as service goes. Mainly only down south and doesn't apply to many cars.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-14-2019, 09:08 PM
kapracing's Avatar
kapracing kapracing is offline
Bobby Edwards
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: georgia
Posts: 2,635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Unless it served in a county (really Troop) subject to emissions testing, a Carfax means nothing as far as service goes. Mainly only down south and doesn't apply to many cars.
Good to know😉
__________________
Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-17-2019, 01:05 AM
92FHP 92FHP is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: GA
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Unless it served in a county (really Troop) subject to emissions testing, a Carfax means nothing as far as service goes. Mainly only down south and doesn't apply to many cars.
There is a record of emission testing on the carfax but it doesn’t say where just Florida and it’s under state agency. It was definitely auctioned off in Jacksonville.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.