|
|||||||
| Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
In preparation for going into the body shop on August 8, I did one last check of emergency equipment before the spotlights, antenna mount, and the rest of the interior is removed. I made a short (20 second) video of this, with 0327 sporting the new "Historical Vehicle" license plates that make her street legal:
https://youtu.be/Xw7PuW-xd18 The Code 3 part is short; I didn't want to disturb the neighbors too much! When 0327 goes in to the body shop, I will take ongoing photos to document the process. I will probably have some questions for the Forum, so please stay tuned!
__________________
******************************************* 1982 CHP 0327 |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Too cool!
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
very nice Steve.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Very cool!
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Good job Steve !!
It will look sharp once painted and completed ! Looks good now ! Congrats !
__________________
John 1992 CHP #E895201 |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
After a 160 mile drive today, 0327 is now at the body shop in Santa Clara, CA. This is going to be a lot of work; all removable parts will come off including hood, trunk lid, fenders, doors. Painted separately then reinstalled. They want to strip off all the white paint that Earl Scheib put on 33 years ago. I need to get new side moldings for the front fenders and rear quarter panels. I told them it's gotta look good. I do plan to stop by from time to time and may even pitch in and do some work. I will get progress photos to post here.
__________________
******************************************* 1982 CHP 0327 |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
160 mile drive, wow! How was that? Looking forward to progress photos!
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|