Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-15-2017, 10:27 AM
chp1982 chp1982 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 926
Default

I'm guessing you have tried Facebook. There must be a TXDPS group. I have been amazed at the amount of information and photos I have gotten from the CHP retirees FB page. Looking forward to updates!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-15-2017, 03:07 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chp1982 View Post
I'm guessing you have tried Facebook. There must be a TXDPS group. I have been amazed at the amount of information and photos I have gotten from the CHP retirees FB page. Looking forward to updates!
I haven't, but the picture of TX's '82 came directly from the trooper who tested it back then. Of course, he gave me that info and we talked about the car long before I found this mystery car.

I will give it a look and see (on FB). I'd be surprised if there is a group for TX.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-15-2017, 03:27 PM
chp1982 chp1982 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 926
Default

Someone's gotta have some more pics of that car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg txdps.JPG (66.2 KB, 77 views)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-18-2017, 11:03 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Results of the sanding..
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (37.4 KB, 48 views)
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-18-2017, 11:05 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Sorry for the pic...posting from my mobile. Have another of the hood with white overspray (underneath), but I'll wait until I can edit it down to not ginormous.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-19-2017, 12:34 AM
NoDrama43's Avatar
NoDrama43 NoDrama43 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,043
Default

definitely been painted white at some point.....

__________________
Jim


for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-19-2017, 01:05 PM
mac88chp's Avatar
mac88chp mac88chp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,395
Default

Just to note here and I'm not sure anyone else has found this but the factory paint on my black & white '88 CHP car, with the exception of the doors, had an entire factory coat of white underneath the top coat of black.
__________________
Michael
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.