|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
There are several "remanufactuers" that will "reman" your specific original engine. One of them is Grooms Engines in Nashville, Tn. They are a HUGE national engine remanufactuer. I sent countless original matching number Corvette small blocks, low horse Big Blocks and 289/302 engines to them for rebuild or remanufacturing. You choose your own term.
They provide state of the art machining and a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty for the original purchaser in a passenger vehicle. They also offer a "lifetime warranty" where they will reman the engine 1 time for the original owner no matter how many miles, for whatever reason it failed. Even if you run it out of oil! This warranty kicks in after the standard warranty if you purchase this option. This is a SUPERB WARRANTY and Groom's stands behind their products. They have a performance program for the Grand National guys and do a lot of GN turbo motors. They have been in business over 40 years and are a very stable company. They have great rates for shipping also. Call Benny at 615 242 4308. No, I do not work for Groom's or have any association with Groom's other than being a longtime customer. I think their prices are cheaper than I can build an engine with the local machine shop operator who gives little to NO warranty for their work! Give them a try, you just might be surprised! |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I saw where you posted this info on the other site and actually looked them up online yesterday. I didn't see the option for them to reman one you send them but this is nice to know. I like the warranty they offer but being in Nashville I figured I didn't want to go through trying to ship it. I'm assuming especially with the lifetime warranty it would be in the $3-5k range from your past experience?
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
If you do decide to go with the rebuild and don't want to ship it. Go to your local race tracks and ask around.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Typical 350 Chevy reman is about $1200-$1400 for old style motors. The lifetime warranty is extra.
The ford 289/302 rebuilds have been $1100-$1300. Neither was a roller motor which may be more or could be less? Depends on how they buy parts. Their shipping is cheap by truck standards since they ship SO MUCH! For a special rebuild of YOUR engine your will have to call Benny. They are in the exchange business but they will build your engine. I have never had a problem with a Groom's engine. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Spoke with Benny about 30 mins ago... very friendly and helpful. Said they could hook me up with a rebuild of my block. If I decide not to do it myself, I think this would be the way I may go considering the guarantee. I told him I was recomended by someone here so thanks.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
I also just spoke to Benny. List price for a 1988-1995 302HO Roller motor is $1,560.00 exchange. He will reman YOUR original engine for the same $1,560.00 with no upcharge for a custom build.
Shipping just quoted to one member on this site from Orlando Florida to Nashville at $125.00 and $125.00 for the return of the reman engine to Orlando. Benny says that typical freight rates are $70.00 each way to states touching Tennessee. $100.00 to east coast of Virginia and about $120to Maryland or West Virginia. If you are near you can bring YOUR engine to Nashville. The core charge if you choose not to send your engine and just want to buy one and keep your engine is $285.00. I was wrong about the warranty. The STANDARD warranty is 18 months UNLIMITED MILEAGE. The LIFETIME warranty is $149.00 and is good to the original purchaser. This is a great deal IF you plan on driving the car a lot AND keeping your car for a longtime. I have purchased the Lifetime warranty on several small blocks in old Corvettes I own. If you are a shop or have a auto repair business you may be able to get jobber pricing and save some bucks. Don't tell Benny I told you about that! Give them a chance to earn your business! |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
I really would like the experience to "rebuild" the entire car myself but hell, if I was going to do that, I'd be painting it to and that's not going to happen in a residential neighborhood. I'm just an average joe so I don't think I'll get in on any jobber pricing but I do appreciate you looking more into it for me. At thoses prices even with shipping, I don't think I'll find much better.
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'm sure that was me he was refering to. I actually have a brother that lives about an hour outside of Nashville which would be a good excuse to visit him but I don't have the truck to haul it in, he does... lol.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|