Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2015, 12:54 PM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

Forgive me for bumping a very old thread, but I was curious about this car. Can a knowledgeable old-timer confirm if the beautiful SSP in this thread is the same one we have in our VIN Project -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info147059.htm
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-23-2015, 05:33 PM
EXNODRAMANOTCH's Avatar
EXNODRAMANOTCH EXNODRAMANOTCH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Forgive me for bumping a very old thread, but I was curious about this car. Can a knowledgeable old-timer confirm if the beautiful SSP in this thread is the same one we have in our VIN Project -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info147059.htm
I'm glad you did, as I don't remember this thread at all (part of being almost 60, I guess). I'm curious if he ever put the correct in-service wheels on it. I'd have the LEO who drove it sign the trunk, but I don't think I would have anyone else not associated with it sign it, but that's just me. Don't get me wrong I love the top notch restoration and final product, but I'm a stickler for historical accuracy (for the most part, but I have made some exceptions on my SSPs due to cost or availability of equipment/parts).
__________________

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-23-2015, 07:55 PM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default

Always thought that was such a cool car and I think the signature was from an owner prior to the one doing the winter park configuration.
__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-24-2015, 05:21 PM
mac88chp's Avatar
mac88chp mac88chp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,395
Default

A previous owner had Jack Rousch sign the roof of his 1988 CHP EVOC car...thank goodness the next owner had the excellent insight to wipe it right off of there! (No offense Jack.)
__________________
Michael
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.