Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-27-2015, 11:41 PM
NoDrama43's Avatar
NoDrama43 NoDrama43 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
Something I hadn't noticed before I just emailed Mike with the build sheet decode...TYPE OF ORDER code "M" means "Marketing Vehicle".
NICE !!!

Has there been any other build sheets posted with the "M" code? This type of documentation is crucial to authenticate this type of car. Love it.
__________________
Jim


for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-27-2015, 11:48 PM
mac88chp's Avatar
mac88chp mac88chp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,395
Default

Congrats and glad this one has stayed alive in good hands and remains there today! Just when we thought we knew everything SSP...
__________________
Michael
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-28-2015, 07:50 AM
FoxChassis FoxChassis is offline
VIN guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,011
Default

I have not seen any other "M" code order types in 1982. All of the 1982 CHP build sheets that I have seen so far have a code "5" (Fleet) for order type.

I'll have to look later to see if I have build sheets from any other year with a code M order type.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-28-2015, 09:24 AM
chp1982 chp1982 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 926
Default

Fantastic find! Repainted or original? Pics with the steelies back on please!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-28-2015, 09:31 AM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
I have not seen any other "M" code order types in 1982. All of the 1982 CHP build sheets that I have seen so far have a code "5" (Fleet) for order type.

I'll have to look later to see if I have build sheets from any other year with a code M order type.
I guess "1" is a retail order then?

My others all (SSP) have the 5. Good stuff.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-28-2015, 09:33 AM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Thanks Brad, Mike, and Jonathon.

Car was repainted once years ago. It will be a bit before I get the steel wheels back on (blast and paint before I remount tires).
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-28-2015, 09:59 AM
FoxChassis FoxChassis is offline
VIN guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,011
Default

Yes, 1 is retail.

The two most common for non-SSP are retail order (1) and dealer stock (2).
The most common for SSP is fleet (5).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-28-2015, 10:05 AM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
Yes, 1 is retail.

The two most common for non-SSP are retail order (1) and dealer stock (2).
The most common for SSP is fleet (5).
Great info, Mick. Thanks for all of your help.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-28-2015, 10:27 AM
Bullitt1609 Bullitt1609 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Odenville, AL
Posts: 263
Default

This is an amazing find! Congrats Mike! I'm looking forward to following and see what your research turns up.
__________________
Jonathon
Mustang Museum of America
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.