|
|||||||
| Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I will lay claim to this one.
I bought my first SSP in 1997 and I have to say I don't think I have ever been more excited about the future of these cars than I am today. Over the past 5 years or so I have gravitated towards the 4 eyed cars and a Nevada SSP has been on my radar for a long time. With all the documentation and parts John (and Brad) has collected this car will be one of the best documented and rare cars in my collection. I feel very fortunate and want to publicly thank John. I have promised him that if he sold me the car I would make sure it lives the rest of it's days being pampered in the mid-west SSP garagemahall. I greatly appreciate him giving me the opportunity to put it back to in service condition. As for me.......I am retiring in 4 months and 12 days and will be transitioning to full time SSP restoration duties Feb. 1st. I have been hoarding (my wife's description) parts and tools and cars etc. for a long time and am looking forward to a retirement of wrenching and car shows. and October will bring more surprises....
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Congrats Jim !
![]() I did notice the plus ...
__________________
Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History... 1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41 1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP 1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29 1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
thanks Bobby.....I thought you might...
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm happy for the both of you. Looking forward to seeing the finished Nevada Ssp.
__________________
Dave 92 Nevada Highway Patrol SSP unit 141 region 1 Las Vegas |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
my plan for the car.....
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
1992 FHP 1164,1986CSP,1990CSP,1991 FHP, 92 CHP EVOC 9189 92 KHP 1985 NCHP all gone. 1985 Idaho SSP sold..1986 Nevada HP 1992 Landis NC car 110 in service1992-2012 1989 Louisiana SP car 5833 |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Congrats on finding a good home for the Nevada car. That is very important when you're trying to sell a unique/desirable vehicle. You know that Jim will do a great job with this SSP, so that will lessen the sting about getting rid of it.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
in service picture of this car. compliments of John.
first car to the right with the female Trooper sitting on the Buddy Bumper. She is the Sergeant that was assigned to the car. Gotta love the body color wheels. Now I have to figure out the correct silver for the roof.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Great news for the NHP car and for you Jim. Sounds like you have a solid plan for your retirement...you'll LOVE it!!
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Spent about an hour on the phone last night with the retired Sergeant that was assigned to my 86 NHP car. She currently lives in Reno Nevada. John had spoken with her several times and passed on her information to me when I bought the car from him. She is VERY nice lady and real excited about the car being restored. She explained to me that the license plates on the cars were the license plates assigned to a specific trooper. She was originally assigned plate #135 early in her career and then when NHP made some changes her unit number changed to 063. She is sending me an original set of the silver and black NHP plates for the car.
additionally she is going to draw me a picture of how all the equipment was set up in the car. She said she had a CB radio, the NHP radio, a flashlight, a scanner, and the light bar controller Today I am meeting my new painter at my shop to look at the NHP car and my plan is to have it finished in time for the national show in Reno next year. Hoping to reunite her and the car for a photo op etc.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|