Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-27-2015, 08:45 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...read.php?t=999

Forgot to include this one earlier.....knew the names sounded familiar.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-27-2015, 09:37 PM
Five-o-joe Five-o-joe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 27
Default

Yes, thanks. I read that thread a couple days ago and actually spoke to Mike (vintage racer) on the phone a couple nights ago. That's where I got the names from and was then able to do some research and make contact with some other folks who got me an email address for trooper brown. I then found an arrest report online written by trooper hidalgo that had his phone number. I've since been able to pick up where the trail,previously ended and speak directly with trooper hidalgo and trooper brown and trooper brown contacted trooper Lola while I was on the phone with him.

I've been able to obtain very detailed history of these cars from the troopers who had them but still have not yet been able to confirm the unit number of my 89 (trooper hidalgos) old car. Still working on it....
__________________
1993 SCHP, terminator drivetrain, in-service appearance restoration underway..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-28-2015, 10:24 PM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default

__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-29-2015, 09:15 AM
NoDrama43's Avatar
NoDrama43 NoDrama43 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,043
Default

All good stuff. What are your plans for the car?
__________________
Jim


for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-29-2015, 10:08 AM
Five-o-joe Five-o-joe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 27
Default

Growing up in Miami, I remember these cars when they were in service. I have had a love for the FHP cars since I was a teenager.

Plans are to replicate the condition of the car when it was in service as best I can. For me, that means obtaining as much history as I can and equipping the car as closely as possible to when it was in service being used by trooper Hidalgo. I plan to drive the car to let it be seen and to take it to cruises/car shows. Not planning to do a restoration, but rather, a preservation. I'm not trying to win any trophies or anything like that, just want to get the car out there and let it be seen and appreciated as a piece of automotive history.

What makes these cars so cool to me is the history, the stories, and the people who used them as a tool to do a job.

Immediate plans are: to track down and confirm the unit number and round up the few stock pieces needed to replace the aftermarket pieces. It has exhaust mods, lower control arms, msd wires and under drive pulleys. Other than that, the car is stock, with the exception of the chipped FHP computer. Interesting is that it has black marker writing all over the computer. It says "lab use only", "tester", "49 state emission OK", "12-15 HP Boost", and some other numbers I can't read because they have faded too much. Trooper Hidalgo told me the whole (very interesting) story about that chipped computer when I spoke with him....I then went a pulled the computer to see if it had a chip after talking with him. I was very surprised by what I found......a detail that confirmed that this car was in fact trooper Hidalgos.
__________________
1993 SCHP, terminator drivetrain, in-service appearance restoration underway..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Five-o-joe Five-o-joe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 27
Default

Update....I received a call from trooper hidalgo today. After speaking with several other troopers and family members, his best recollection is that the unit number was 1249. He was not able to locate in service pics for absolute confirmation but is still searching.
__________________
1993 SCHP, terminator drivetrain, in-service appearance restoration underway..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-29-2015, 11:27 PM
flagator10 flagator10 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10
Default

Very cool story, history, and interesting how the car has changed hands over the years. Love the history and appreciate the willingness of the Troopers to share all the information!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.