Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2015, 04:05 PM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default

That's a really rare SSP, so it deserves that treatment in spite of the time, money and effort that will be involved.
__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-28-2015, 05:51 PM
91ssp 91ssp is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 5
Default

Glad to see another MHP car has been found . I'm not 100% sure , but I believe this to be the car that was in Scooba for ahwile . Had a few people tell me about it , but no one could ever get me any info on it . One guy wouldn't give the info , he was looking to buy it . I heard a year or so later that a storm had dropped a tree on it . I think after these two cars were first taken out of service , they were both used for campus security at EMCC in Scooba . Both eventually fell into the hands of gear heads . Your car has a Neshoba county tag on it , I live in Winston county , which is one county north . Also , I think a guy named Brad used to own your car back around '97 or so . Can't remember his last name , but I worked with him at U.S. Motors in Philadelphia . Sure wish we could get info on the other eight '91s . It's really cool that these cars have consecutive vins .
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-28-2015, 08:36 PM
90Coupe's Avatar
90Coupe 90Coupe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AL Gulf Coast
Posts: 56
Default

You are correct this is the Scooba car, picked it up from a guy named Anthony who had bought it from the guy who owned it when the tree fell on it. The previous owner sold the engine and trans, Anthony used the 8.8 in another car. So..... its now in Alabama for a new lease on life. The roof is going to be a tedious job but worth it in the end, I have all the mechanicals in my spares stash (5.0, AOD, 8.8).
__________________
Ron
91 Mississippi Highway Patrol
63 Fairlane 500 2dr
85 SVO
90 LX Coupe- Highly Modified
Always lurking for the right GSP


http://public.fotki.com/90Coupe/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-29-2015, 01:37 PM
91ssp 91ssp is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 5
Default

Ron , I tried to send you an email , but it wouldn't go through . Sending you a pm .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.