Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-01-2015, 07:51 AM
FoxChassis FoxChassis is offline
VIN guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,011
Default

Congrats on the find! This VIN is not even in the VIN Project because it is in a group of two consecutive VINs. (I only originally supplied VINs in groups of three or more consecutive.) I sent Bill (28HopUp) the other VIN, so I'm sure he will add them to the VIN Project and create a page for this car.

Is there something you wanted decoded from the door tag? I have created a buck tag decoder so that is self serve. It is available here: http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=4540
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-01-2015, 09:41 AM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

Thanks for the photos! I added your SSP to our VIN Project -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info209092.htm


Nice looking car you picked up, and at a great price too!
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-01-2015, 04:54 PM
RARESSP RARESSP is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Huntertown, IN
Posts: 5
Default

Really cool car and great story on saving it!! Light Crystal Blue rare indeed cool car and keep the pics coming...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-02-2015, 12:55 PM
PR93LXCOUPE's Avatar
PR93LXCOUPE PR93LXCOUPE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 57
Default

Have fun with the project, Great save!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-02-2015, 01:01 PM
usajay38's Avatar
usajay38 usajay38 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 105
Default

Good find!!
__________________
John

1991 Ford Mustang GSP SSP #1195-Sold
1988 Ford Mustang FHP SSP
1997 Ford Mustang GT--wrecked
1990 Ford Mustang Avis SSP--sold
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-03-2015, 11:22 AM
mac88chp's Avatar
mac88chp mac88chp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,395
Default

Way to go, should be a fun project!
__________________
Michael
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-03-2015, 12:54 PM
ChrisL's Avatar
ChrisL ChrisL is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 632
Default

Wow, what a great save!! Congrats!
__________________
Chris L
'86 TX DPS Mustang. Unknown Unit #
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-03-2015, 12:56 PM
SmallTires SmallTires is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 7
Default

Thank you all. I am pretty excited to start working on the vehicle. Right now I am accumulating small stuff here and there. Like I said, the suspension on the car is trash after 200k miles so that will need to be completely redone before I even address what I would assume is a junk motor in the vehicle as it does have water in the oil. Thankfully I have alot of stuff for the vehicle already. Overall the car isn't in bad shape all things considered. The roof has a larsen antenna mount I was wondering if I could delete the fender mount for the factory radio and somehow wire it up to use that instead. I already have the hole in the roof, might as well use it I guess. I also called sms fabrics for the upholstery to see what it would run as they are the only source for crystal blue interior material that is factory correct. When they told me it was $85 a yard I put that on the second tier priority level for the vehicle. I know what I need to do to get it running again. It's just money is what this really comes down to, as always.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.