|
|||||||
| Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Welcome to the forum, Dan!
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Dan,
Congrats on the find and welcome..
__________________
1992 FHP 1164,1986CSP,1990CSP,1991 FHP, 92 CHP EVOC 9189 92 KHP 1985 NCHP all gone. 1985 Idaho SSP sold..1986 Nevada HP 1992 Landis NC car 110 in service1992-2012 1989 Louisiana SP car 5833 |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
I've always liked the marked NCSHP's. Here's our '90
__________________
Jonathon Mustang Museum of America |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
I've posted some initial photos in my shop's photobucket page:
http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9am22zfo.jpg I found the tag along the side of the dash that reads "NC Dept of Crime Control and Public Safety", so I would say it's definitely not NC Highway Patrol. It appears to have been more of an admin or investigator's car. The car was clearly used for some time by the Duluth police reserve, so I'm considering restoring it as used in service there. It's in pretty nice condition and I'm glad to have found it. I love your in-service car, Bullitt1609, very nice! I was searching for a Nebraska car to put back as served when this one came along. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
The 2nd label that was used is the PIN Number, which is not related to the VIN or FAS numbers. It is four (4) digits and is believed to correspond to vehicle number on a particular contract (i.e. 0112 equals 112th vehicle on the 1990 order). Typically found adjacent to the inside of the driver's side door jamb on the left hand side of the plastic dash ear the FAS sticker. It may be typed on a white or pink paper sticker with the North Carolina state seal, or written in marker or crayon. In one known instance it was found on a faded blue plastic label located in the driver side windshield border with the year followed by the PIN Number. The PIN number was the preferred way of tracking specific vehicles and their corresponding Trooper and license plate number. How the car was used by the NSHP is hard to say. They had both marked and unmarked vehicles. I hope this helps!
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|