Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-17-2014, 07:41 PM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default

Leaving early in the AM for a trip to the Baltimore port in order to retrieve the SSP and trailer it back to the Motor City. A long day, but will be worth it and will be sure to take some pics along the way. Thank you and Bill thanks...I won't hesitate to reach out if needed.
__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-19-2014, 10:31 PM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default Back where it was manufactured...

Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P162 is now back in the USA and in the Motor City where it was manufactured . It was a long day, but worth it...departed way early in the morning yesterday and got home way early this morning. And thankfully I took a picture while waiting inside the Port for staff there to drive out my SSP from the lot and before I was quickly admonished for utilizing a camera inside the Port. Well at least that pic turned out fine. You can find it and some others from the lot when loading it up on the trailer at the Port Security Escort Service lot see the following link http://public.fotki.com/MOstang/must...-recept-photo/. That service was required for me to enter the Baltimore, Maryland Port.

Cold and snowy here so that will somewhat limit my going through the SSP as much as I would like at this time. Not a whole lot of plans just yet, but I do know that before the upcoming show season will be having the pin stripe added back on that it had while in-service and permanently marking with MSHP emblems. Will be installing new tires and probably put them on a mint set of 10 hole wheels I have just waiting to be used.

Thanks again to Peter on a smooth international transaction.
__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-19-2014, 11:18 PM
chp1982 chp1982 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 926
Default

Great pictures. Glad you and the car made it safely back and congrats on the new ride.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-19-2014, 11:58 PM
mac88chp's Avatar
mac88chp mac88chp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,395
Default

One heck of a trip but you made it and the car still looks great. Bravo...now get some rest!
__________________
Michael
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-20-2014, 08:55 AM
NoDrama43's Avatar
NoDrama43 NoDrama43 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,043
Default

glad it made it back to the USA.

When I owned it the car had aftermarket headers and a couple other non stock items. Are you planning on putting the exhaust back to original? I had some paint work done under the hood as well to try and detail the engine compartment. I may have some additional pictures also, I will look through my files.
__________________
Jim


for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-20-2014, 10:44 AM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

Mike, congrats on your successful trip. I believe the weather cooperated for the most part. 'Glad to hear all went well.
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-2014, 03:50 PM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default

Thank you gentleman.

Hi Jim - I still need to review the engine area closely to see if any non-stock items are still there. Also thanks for the mention on the detailing in the engine bay. By putting the exhaust back to original question, do you mean with an NOS exhaust system or referring to the earlier mentioned non-stock items? Ultimately I'd say the goal would be to have it at least visually as stock appearing as possible. If you find any pictures, you think I'd be interested in, I would be appreciative.

Thanks again everyone! I'm pretty excited to have it.
__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-07-2014, 03:58 PM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default

Thanks Brad! New tires and some refurbished 10 hole wheels on it now in the silver finish to match in-service pics. Always amazing how much a difference those items can make. New emblems are being shipped out from the sign shop on Tuesday. Need to have the blue pin stripe added before those get applied. Hope to stop by and speak to the shop I'll likely use for that some time this week. If the weather can hold up I can hopefully have that done soon, then emblems can be applied.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_6248 use.jpg (52.0 KB, 61 views)
__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-21-2014, 06:33 PM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default

Emblems being installed tomorrow and will be sure to get some pics to posted
__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.