Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-06-2007, 09:22 PM
FHP813's Avatar
FHP813 FHP813 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Floriduh
Posts: 1,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhed123 View Post
Here is a picture of my Floyd County GA, City of Rome PD SSP. Picture taken during a training exercise. Andy how many people slowed down for you when you parked the car for the picture?
Keep rubbin' it in!

Quote:
Not at all..... not even in California. i AM NOT a big fan of pictures of SSP's in a park or
in a neighbor hood with houses seen in the background just as i am not a fan of models
sitting on the hood of an Exotic or any car for that matter. Our front page captures the IN
SERVICE
spirit of what these cars were used for.So starting with this picture of 8397
let's see some.... Off the road and off the driveway and out of the park pictures! This is
Hw55 in Eagle Idaho. looking North.
The car looks beautiful Andy!
__________________
Bernie

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01


Mustang Club of America member.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-07-2007, 01:49 AM
Andy Andy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Idazona
Posts: 1,086
Default

Thanks Bret Bernie jarhed
I hate driving this car now..... I don't think anyone slowed....I think they drove faster?
I may just trailer it soon. I liked it better when it was a stealth driver. We had it out for a
photo shoot for our 2007 Christmas card and took some with the fall colors and a few Side of the road shots! Nice pict. jarhed
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Andy Andy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Idazona
Posts: 1,086
Default

Does not anyone have a kind a ...sort a......looks in service picture of their car ..Not in a park....... off of the driveway picture to post?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2007, 12:45 PM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

Guess not... I know I don't. At least not yet but who knows.

Tony Sharp does for sure. Not sure He's on this site but then again He's not really online a whole lot these days I think.

Matt
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2007, 07:07 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Does not anyone have a kind a ...sort a......looks in service picture of their car ..Not in a park....... off of the driveway picture to post?

I'm working on a photo gallery of in-service-only cars, and it should help to put out a few more in the "in-service" spirit you are suggesting.

We should probably keep our personally-owned vehicles off of the roadways, though, unless we are participating in a sanctioned event. That way, no one will run into any issues with local LEOs and we can maintain the freedom we currently have with our cars to restore and enjoy.

My .02.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 PM
bmt336's Avatar
bmt336 bmt336 is offline
Supreme Allied Commander
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL, USA
Posts: 363
Default

closest thing I have
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calypso green ssp 018 b.JPG (121.3 KB, 77 views)
__________________
Bret
1967 Thunderbird 4 dr Landau
1971 Chevrolet BelAir 18000 org miles
2002 Crown Vic Sport
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-12-2007, 07:33 PM
bmt336's Avatar
bmt336 bmt336 is offline
Supreme Allied Commander
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL, USA
Posts: 363
Default

oh yea, but dont have the car.....
__________________
Bret
1967 Thunderbird 4 dr Landau
1971 Chevrolet BelAir 18000 org miles
2002 Crown Vic Sport
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-19-2007, 10:45 AM
svopaul's Avatar
svopaul svopaul is offline
The White Fred Sanford
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 181
Default

I like the idea but would think you would have to be very careful for a marked car. I'll see if I can't stage some for my GSP but I will call the local Cheif first and let him know what I am up to. I drive it now with the lightbar uncovered locally as it is completely legal and it rarely goes out anyway but out of my town I put the out of service cover on it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
NoDrama43's Avatar
NoDrama43 NoDrama43 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmt336 View Post
oh yea, but dont have the car.....

soon my brotha...soon.

paint is going on next week......

__________________
Jim


for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.