Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-2014, 02:01 PM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

Those are nice lookin' wheel dollies. I have 2 pair from a major chain. They're cheap and cruddy, but they work OK.

I have a question for the group - what battery tenders do you use/recommend? I went to start up the '66 Mustang after it sitting for 6 weeks and the relatively new battery was unresponsive. I want to use a battery tender to keep it charged since the car is not regularly driven. Any recommendations? I am not sure where I should even look for them...
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-03-2014, 03:53 PM
EXNODRAMANOTCH's Avatar
EXNODRAMANOTCH EXNODRAMANOTCH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Those are nice lookin' wheel dollies. I have 2 pair from a major chain. They're cheap and cruddy, but they work OK.

I have a question for the group - what battery tenders do you use/recommend? I went to start up the '66 Mustang after it sitting for 6 weeks and the relatively new battery was unresponsive. I want to use a battery tender to keep it charged since the car is not regularly driven. Any recommendations? I am not sure where I should even look for them...
I have 8 Schumacher Speed Chargers (1.5 amp) and they work great ($20 at Walmart).
__________________

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-2014, 06:47 PM
nighthawk756's Avatar
nighthawk756 nighthawk756 is offline
It wasn't me....I promise
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Odenville, AL
Posts: 914
Default

I use the brand name "battery tender" version. Think it was around 30 bucks from summit racing. Never had a problem, does great.
__________________
Brad

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-03-2014, 07:53 PM
kapracing's Avatar
kapracing kapracing is offline
Bobby Edwards
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: georgia
Posts: 2,635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk756 View Post
I use the brand name "battery tender" version. Think it was around 30 bucks from summit racing. Never had a problem, does great.
X's 2
__________________
Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-04-2014, 11:00 AM
mac88chp's Avatar
mac88chp mac88chp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk756 View Post
I use the brand name "battery tender" version. Think it was around 30 bucks from summit racing. Never had a problem, does great.
Same here, my Battery Tender Plus works great and won't sulfite your battery. Got mine though Eastwood at a great price.
__________________
Michael
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-04-2014, 11:57 AM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

Thank you all for the recommendations!
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Andy Andy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Idazona
Posts: 1,086
Default

__________________
Disclaimer
What you see here may not be that of the original author
this includes but is not limited to text either in whole or part
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-07-2014, 08:23 PM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

That thing is practically an antique, Andy!
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-22-2014, 07:13 PM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default TROG Oct. 3-5, 2014

I wanted to put this event up on people's radar -

The Race of Gentlemen

They're racing traditional hot rods (and old motorcycles) on the beach of Wild Wood, New Jersey. Given my username, this event is right up my alley. To give you a taste, here are a couple of quick videos from last year -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZRVzHzPzF0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UArMwpqfetQ

I plan to be a spectator. Anyone else interested?
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-22-2014, 08:02 PM
nighthawk756's Avatar
nighthawk756 nighthawk756 is offline
It wasn't me....I promise
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Odenville, AL
Posts: 914
Default

Man, if this was closer to me I'd be ALL over it! I currently have a 55 Fairlane set up sort of in an LSR style.

And I hope to one day have a '32-'34 5 window coupe with a hot flatty in it.
__________________
Brad

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.