Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-31-2014, 03:44 PM
Js04sILVerBullet Js04sILVerBullet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John10608 View Post
N I C E ! Love your enthusiasm !
Plane is waiting !!

lol

Actually, you inspired me ! I replaced the radiator fan today on my car.
The old one was about cracked all the way through in more than several places !!! Pretty easy job actually. I have had the new replacement fan for over a year now lololol

No comments on that please lololol I'm sure I am not the only one in that boat lol
Lol!!! Now that's what I like to see! Glad I could help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOstang View Post
Looking good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
Good job Josh, keep up the good work. Hope your progress reports inspire many to get working on their cars before the show season is upon us!
Thanks guys! and I can agree to that!!

Also, do you guys (administrator's maybe?) have stickers members could purchase to put on their cars to help advertise the website?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2014, 04:38 AM
Js04sILVerBullet Js04sILVerBullet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 29
Default

She's alive again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od_kB...re=c4-overview

Stock manifolds installed, all new power steering lines, new starter cable, and turns out that who ever hooked up the wiring to the starter solenoid had it all hooked up wrong.

Explains why previously the starter would stay engaged for 3 seconds after it would start.





Anybody recognize one of these? lol!



Don't hardly ever see them on fox body's anymore as that was usually the first mod and thing to go in the trash!



If police related, anybody have any idea what this might have gone to at one time?

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2014, 10:00 AM
John Connor John Connor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Andrews SC
Posts: 197
Default

That plug is not police related. I am not 100% sure on this but I think it has something to do with daytime running lights. A Canadian requirement from the wiring manuals that I have. Had to chase down wiring when converting my 93 from a 4 cylc to a V8.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Unmrkd's Avatar
Unmrkd Unmrkd is offline
Resident Geezer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Warner Robins GA.
Posts: 440
Default

I believe the connector is for the fog light on a GT. Even though the LX did not have fog lights the headlight harness was the same for both cars. Ford just left that connector tucked away but obviously not connected to anything on a LX model.
__________________
Gregg

'89 FHP Unit # 435 (Deceased)
'89 FHP Unit # 1526 Troop H (Madison)SOLD 12/3/13
'89 SCHP Marked Unit # 2-12-80 SOLD 6/21/15
'88 SCHP Unmarked Unit # 2-12-23 SOLD 9/3/12
'90 MSHP Marked Unit # P-162 Plate # 642-HP SOLD 12/17/11
'88 MSHP Marked Unit # P-162 Plate # 642
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Js04sILVerBullet Js04sILVerBullet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 29
Default

Those are on there off the headlight harness. This one is in the drivers side fender coming in the same opening as the wiring for the window washer fluid tank.

In the 12 fox body's I have had, I have never seen this before and it had me stumped at first view.

"John Connor" might be right on this one!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2014, 09:55 PM
John Connor John Connor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Andrews SC
Posts: 197
Default

It is not for the fog lights. The head light wiring harness is different on the GT just from where it plugs in to the main body harness. I put fog lights on my 93. I splice into the factory harness to use the factor head/fog light switch.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Js04sILVerBullet Js04sILVerBullet is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 29
Default

Just a teaser pic you guys might enjoy!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.