Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 PM
kapracing's Avatar
kapracing kapracing is offline
Bobby Edwards
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: georgia
Posts: 2,635
Default

I guess for now I'll have to use the TMI upholstery kit I got last Christmas until I can get enough original material. I've got 3 sets of crystal blue seats but none are show quality. I guess I'd rather have the new incorrect seat covers as apposed to crappy ones on a otherwise nice car.

Any opinions on this matter?
__________________
Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-28-2013, 07:57 PM
nighthawk756's Avatar
nighthawk756 nighthawk756 is offline
It wasn't me....I promise
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Odenville, AL
Posts: 914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapracing View Post
I guess for now I'll have to use the TMI upholstery kit I got last Christmas until I can get enough original material. I've got 3 sets of crystal blue seats but none are show quality. I guess I'd rather have the new incorrect seat covers as apposed to crappy ones on a otherwise nice car.

Any opinions on this matter?
Well, from what I've seen, there seems to be 2 lines of thinking on this....

One is that new seats/material is best especially when using everything else new in the interior.

The other is that a little "character" is best. Especially if the rest of the interior is nice but has a certain level of in-service "use".
__________________
Brad

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-28-2013, 08:23 PM
kapracing's Avatar
kapracing kapracing is offline
Bobby Edwards
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: georgia
Posts: 2,635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk756 View Post
Well, from what I've seen, there seems to be 2 lines of thinking on this....

One is that new seats/material is best especially when using everything else new in the interior.

The other is that a little "character" is best. Especially if the rest of the interior is nice but has a certain level of in-service "use".
Well the rest of the interior will be new and plastics freshly dyed... Only drawback will be the leather wrapped crystal blue steering wheel which will probably be impossible to find in nice condition...
__________________
Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:36 AM
kapracing's Avatar
kapracing kapracing is offline
Bobby Edwards
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: georgia
Posts: 2,635
Default

Roof and right side buffed up slick :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (47.8 KB, 130 views)
__________________
Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 AM
kapracing's Avatar
kapracing kapracing is offline
Bobby Edwards
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: georgia
Posts: 2,635
Default

Roof #'s on :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (42.4 KB, 130 views)
__________________
Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:24 AM
nighthawk756's Avatar
nighthawk756 nighthawk756 is offline
It wasn't me....I promise
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Odenville, AL
Posts: 914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapracing View Post
Roof #'s on :-)
Lookin' great!
__________________
Brad

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-07-2013, 02:34 PM
kapracing's Avatar
kapracing kapracing is offline
Bobby Edwards
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: georgia
Posts: 2,635
Default

Hoods done!
Getting closer :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (48.6 KB, 120 views)
__________________
Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.