Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 01-22-2013, 02:12 PM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

Thanks Chris!

As an update, I installed an Edelbrock carb that was rebuilt to match the mild cam in my motor. Also replaced were: coil, coil harness plug, ignition wires, vacuum advance, cap, rotor, and plugs. The charcoal cannister was connected again, and all of the vacuum lines are connected/plugged. I ran the car through DMV inspection today and it failed again! The HC readings were no where close (10x the limit at idle!), but the CO levels were much closer to the required limits. I received another 30-day tag, and I now have to take the car to an approved Certified Emissions Repair Technician to see if they can bring it under the limits. If not, then I must obtain an emissions waiver if repairs are made greater than $810 (which I will be above after this next shop visit). I am not sure if the waiver is perpetual or not. The tags will only be good for 2 years, so I am not sure if I will need to apply for another waiver or not in 2015. Presently, the cut-off for the dual emissions checks is 1981 or newer, but they will likely adjust the cut-off as time passes. Presently, my 1966 Mustang does not need to pass any emissions because of its age.
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.