|
|||||||
| Special Service Mustang Tech Any and all technical questions for SSP cars. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Super work Bill!
__________________
Thanks Jason 86 CHP Unit #3852 86 Texas DPS M6-383 93 Texas DPS M3-379 93 Cobra Teal #2304 (sold) 03 Cobra 10th Annv.Conv. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks Jason! It's been a fun & rewarding effort. Presently, there are over 1,000 CHP Mustangs included as active links. I plan to order a few Marti Reports in the new year that will confirm the DSOs for batches of other cars (not just CHPs), which will allow me to add even more SSPs to the Project.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Our first 1985 North Carolina SSP has been added to the Project -
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info251154.htm This car was listed for sale on CL, and a thread was created here about the car. I spoke with the seller, Allen, around Christmas, and he was supposed to send me more pictures (including one of the build sheet!). If I get them, I will add the pictures to the page.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Great job your doing Bill !!! You are really paving the way in the SSP hobby. Your gonna end up a house hold name in the SSP community... 5-10 years from now There will be even more grateful SSP owners out there... :-) I know I speak for alot of us when I say "Thanks for all you do and have done."
__________________
Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History... 1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41 1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP 1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29 1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
That would be a cool SSP to see someone scoop up and finish.
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'm running Autochecks for that batch of 37. A few so far seem to be alive today.
I might run some MVR title history reports (NCDOT form MVR-605A) for some or all of them, to see if NCSHP, or any other state/county/city/etc agency, is the original owner. They're only $1 each and are allowable for "research" purposes so long as personal information is not republished.
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Mick, you may find that the tail-end of that 1985 batch are the Nebraska SSPs. They are either contained in that batch, or the one with 208460, unless the DSO(s) was divided in smaller batches.
That's great that the State of North Carolina let's you buy/collect information for research purposes. I need to check my notes to see if we could pin down some other-year VIN ranges of suspected NC cars, and request information on them as well.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Should be able to check title history in most if not all states. But with restrictions. See the Driver's Privacy Protection Act.
For our purposes, exception #5 should apply... Quote:
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|