|
|||||||
| Special Service Mustang Tech Any and all technical questions for SSP cars. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I made this revision to the NC cars. I also added Unit Numbers to the 1987 CHPs (thanks to Mick!).
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
There is a batch of 3 vins in 1989 section that I doubt are SSP's. Remember that white one I posted in the for sale that was on cl, with a vin that was on the list? Didn't have SSP cluster and wasn't an SSP from what my dad and I could tell. Just heads up.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Sam, you mean this 89 car that you posted not too long ago, right? I agree with you that this car (VIN is 144992) is most likely not a SSP, which is why it is not featured in the VIN Project with a hyperlink to its own page. With so many V8 notchbacks in the consecutive unit number listings for each year, I tend to go on the basis that a VIN is not a SSP unless proved (through pictures, Marti, matching DSOs, etc) to be a SSP. We tried to word the header so folks see that the list of VINs includes civilian V8 coupes and SSPs, but some people miss that little tidbit. Regardless, I would rather not point out the civilian VINs unless they key in on a batch of SSPs (like the first two civilian VINs in the batch containing the 85 CHP and OSP Mustangs).
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks to Mick, aka FoxChassis, for his help AGAIN! We have now included the CHP Unit Numbers and Office Locations for the VIN listings on the 89 and 90 model years, as seen here:
http://www.specialservicemustang.net/VINlist/89VIN.html (starting with 211169) http://www.specialservicemustang.net/VINlist/90VIN.html (starting with 170115)
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|