Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-16-2012, 07:40 PM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBWaterfowler View Post
The only completely restored vehicles should be motorcycles for funerals.
Of course it's your car and your choice how to use it, but think of it this way...the mission for this forum is "Dedicated to the protection, promotion, and restoration of the 1982-1993 Special Service Mustang." That means the membership here had a shared and common focus to that end. So if you're point of view is in fact that "the only completed restored vehicles should be motorcycles for funerals"...then you can see where that point of view would be in conflict and opposite with the masses of members on this forum. Nothing wrong with your opinion, but again keep that in mind and try not to take it too hard when others here take opposition to that and reflect a passionate view that is in keeping with the mission stated above.
__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:05 PM
kapracing's Avatar
kapracing kapracing is offline
Bobby Edwards
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: georgia
Posts: 2,635
Default

I actually understand everyones points of veiw... but think about this... look how many Shelby's were modded, raced hard and seriously, then restored back to stock years later... As long as the cars not hacked up (and plus he's already said he'd save all stock parts). I say it's still a SSP no matter how its built and can even be put restored to 100% correct anytime the current or future owner chooses ... Everyone seems to really enjoy the 85 or 86 CHP track car belonging to a member on here. I've got a ton of compliments on my 90 CHP. Any of these cars can be put back stock anytime. When I first joined back in 07 I also joined over on the other site. That being said what really sold me on this site was how helpful most of you were. Not so much over there... The more I learned the more I wanted to preseve. It's his choice, but no matter what it's still a SSP and one cool car. He could become a valuble member and help verify and save more SSP's... I caught a hard time about my username even though I hadn't raced in years. But I've helped verify a good many SSP's and saved a one of one (The Georgia Department of Revenue SSP ). If I'd been ran off those things would not have happened ... just my two cents...
__________________
Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.