Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Plauts_89LxSSP Plauts_89LxSSP is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert,AZ
Posts: 17
Default

I have seen other post with Nebraska cars that labeled them NHP. From what I have gathered there are not to many especially 89. Also I have yet to find one with the molding mine has with the blue stripe.
I'm hoping to find mine some relatives as well.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2012, 08:07 PM
mac88chp's Avatar
mac88chp mac88chp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plauts_89LxSSP View Post
I have seen other post with Nebraska cars that labeled them NHP. From what I have gathered there are not to many especially 89. Also I have yet to find one with the molding mine has with the blue stripe.
I'm hoping to find mine some relatives as well.
The colored striping on the beltline moldings were discontinued by the factory after '88, replaced by a painted pinstripe up higher on the body for '89. Someone most likely added the striping to your car (or changed out the moldings to earlier ones) because they liked that look. I did the same thing and added striping to the moldings on my old '89 LX 'vert and while I bought the widest 3M tape available, it still was a bit narrower than the OEM, just as yours appears to be.
__________________
Michael
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Plauts_89LxSSP Plauts_89LxSSP is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert,AZ
Posts: 17
Default

Awsome. Thanks Mac I am finding that not to many 89 NHP are still alive today. Glad I found a diamond in the ruff
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.