|
|||||||
| Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
BTW, the two Senator Ford license plate frames arrived. The chrome looks fine, but the raised lettering and recessed areas will need to be painted. I bought two because for all I know they put the frames on the back too. HOT OFF THE PRESS! Jack, aka Va 5.0, has uncovered some EXCELLENT information on the 1987 SMPV pilot program. Jack obtained an 80-page report from 1988 to the California State Legislature about the SMPV program, as found here: https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publicatio...aspx?ID=117995 Jack just received his copy, and will be sending me a photocopy of the report, which I will scan and put up here. Jack summarized the information as follows: Quote:
I will have to dig deeper to find out more info on the Bac-Off flashing lights, which appear to have been halogen lights in the 1980s for use on motorcycles.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
A small tease.....
__________________
Jack 1987 CHP E422920 1988 CHP (sold) 1989 LX Hatch 5.0 1992 UHP 1995 Cobra |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Good stuff fellas!
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Jack, you ARE a tease! I can't wait to read the entire report.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Congrats Bill!! I could've been of help on this one as I'm constantly in San Fernando visiting my mother, plus I only live 40 miles away. Offer stands for anyone researching an SSP for sale out here in the AV/Santa Clarita/SFV area.
Again congrats and can't wait to see the start of the restoration! |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Today is the day that my new 85 SMPV gets delivered!
Rich graciously agreed to hold the car at his house until I made arrangements to have it transported. I read good things about http://www.autotransportdirect.com/ and used them to broker a quote that was only $150 more than it cost to have my 2012 shipped up from Florida this past May. On Sunday, Rich assisted the driver with getting my SMPV loaded onto the trailer, and the driver called yesterday to say that it would be delivered today. He was not able to give me a delivery window, but said that he would call 1-2 hours beforehand. I have the 2nd stall of our 2-car garage open.Tomorrow is dedicated to working on my black 85 CHP Mustang. I need to button up some items and fire that new engine.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|