|
|||||||
| Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
That car's going to to be a great project. When does it arrive and what are the plans for your current SSP?
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1985 California Highway Patrol #8336 Napa Ca office. 1985 Nevada Highway Patrol #30. Federal Test Car. Reno Nv office. California Highway Patrol#8336 & Nevada Highway Patrol #30 Restoration Pictures. http://public.fotki.com/CHP8336/ |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
BTW, the two Senator Ford license plate frames arrived. The chrome looks fine, but the raised lettering and recessed areas will need to be painted. I bought two because for all I know they put the frames on the back too. HOT OFF THE PRESS! Jack, aka Va 5.0, has uncovered some EXCELLENT information on the 1987 SMPV pilot program. Jack obtained an 80-page report from 1988 to the California State Legislature about the SMPV program, as found here: https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publicatio...aspx?ID=117995 Jack just received his copy, and will be sending me a photocopy of the report, which I will scan and put up here. Jack summarized the information as follows: Quote:
I will have to dig deeper to find out more info on the Bac-Off flashing lights, which appear to have been halogen lights in the 1980s for use on motorcycles.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
A small tease.....
__________________
Jack 1987 CHP E422920 1988 CHP (sold) 1989 LX Hatch 5.0 1992 UHP 1995 Cobra |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Good stuff fellas!
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Jack, you ARE a tease! I can't wait to read the entire report.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Congrats Bill!! I could've been of help on this one as I'm constantly in San Fernando visiting my mother, plus I only live 40 miles away. Offer stands for anyone researching an SSP for sale out here in the AV/Santa Clarita/SFV area.
Again congrats and can't wait to see the start of the restoration! |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|