Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-29-2012, 05:02 PM
svt3434 svt3434 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 75
Default

Thanks guys! I doubt the excitement will ever go away! I will keep posting pics as I progress with the car. I got lucky there is no rust on the car. The undercarriage has some surface rust but incredibly solid. This will be fun!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-29-2012, 05:48 PM
CNTLOSE's Avatar
CNTLOSE CNTLOSE is offline
It is what it is.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 416
Default

Looks like a great project! Congrats on the find.
__________________

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-30-2012, 01:25 AM
Sal's Avatar
Sal Sal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 52
Default

Vince, congrats and thanks for picking this CHP notch up. I'm glad to see it got a good home!

John, you confused my name with Vince 'cause I posted the original thread on the craiglist ad for this car.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2012, 04:30 PM
svt3434 svt3434 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 75
Talking

Just came back from DMV. They told me they could not give me a print out of the cars history so I could find out the unit number. I cannot find it on the car yet. Any ideas how I can go about finding out the unit #? $769 in back fees but Im thinking its worth it
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-30-2012, 05:06 PM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

I'm not surprised to hear that the folks at DMV were unable to get you the information. I suggest that you read the following thread...

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=2676


...and follow the instructions to get the form to request the Registration History on your car's VIN. The people at the coutner probably do not know the procedure to get that information.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out.
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-29-2012, 10:26 AM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

Vince, do you have any updates on your 85 CHP?
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-22-2012, 03:24 PM
svt3434 svt3434 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 75
Default

Update on my 1985 CHP Dream Car: After finding out I owed almost $1,000 in back fees for registration, the woman at the DMV was kind enough to knock off a few dollars so I got away with paying only $661. A small savings but every penny counts. I then had the original carb rebuilt, lines and gas tank checked for rust (none), fresh brakes all the way around, new belts, dyno tuned, new wires, plugs, cap/rotor, and now it runs like a new car!!! Smooth shifts, easy clutch, nice brakes, and smooth idling. Next step is freshening up the suspension. I may upgrade the rear end to an 8.8 still thinking about that. The original steelies are back from powdercoating but I will wait to put those on until after a fresh coat of paint/body work. For now, it is rolling on 93 pony wheels. After the suspension I will tackle the new exhaust front to back. Not sure if I want a true dual exhaust or stick with the single pipe cutting into two pipes out the rear. Anyone have ideas or thoughts on the dual exhaust and upgrading to an 8.8 rear? I am dying to get this car restored, but driving it daily now to work and collecting all the restoration parts such as for the interior is a great experience in the meantime!! I will post pics tomorrow...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-22-2012, 03:25 PM
svt3434 svt3434 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Vince, do you have any updates on your 85 CHP?
I have updated my dream car - CHP - above - more to come!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.