|
|||||||
| Special Service Mustang Tech Any and all technical questions for SSP cars. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
bringing my thread back, how about this?
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=225 I'm having a hard time on BFGoodrich as its often being sold out.
__________________
Michael J nicknamed as "MJ" ---------------------------------------------------- Owned 6 Fox Mustangs since 1998. Proud owner of the vehicles: 1989 Ocala FL SSP unmarked drug enforcement unit 1989 Mustang GT (5 speed conversion) 1990 FHP unit - SOLD 1991 Davie, FL SSP #142 - SOLD 2014 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I would want goodyear on my wheels. I have Goodyear Eagle RS-A's on my CVPI. They are great tires. Not sure if they are made in the size of mustamg rims.
For my 85 CHP I am tracking down General XP2000's, since that is what the CHP used from 84-85 into the 2000's. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
try these, I have them on my ssp. great tire for driving etc.
For all around driving, great, price is right too. smooth quiet tire. Fuzion hri 225-60r-15 Seem to always have them in stock. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...ark=1&x=8&y=16
__________________
John 1992 CHP #E895201 |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
good price...
holds up well for sometimes spirited driving occasionally? Quote:
__________________
Michael J nicknamed as "MJ" ---------------------------------------------------- Owned 6 Fox Mustangs since 1998. Proud owner of the vehicles: 1989 Ocala FL SSP unmarked drug enforcement unit 1989 Mustang GT (5 speed conversion) 1990 FHP unit - SOLD 1991 Davie, FL SSP #142 - SOLD 2014 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah, it's a good tire. Especially since this size is getting harder to find.
It's a real good tire. not for showing the patrol car off at a show, wrong tread etc, but for all around driving, etc. I've ran my SSP pretty hard in and out of traffic on CA freeways, some good windy roads near home, and there are no problems with the tires at all, grip well. I need some work on my suspension though HA But yes, for the price, they are a good speed rated tire. Wear well also. Good luck.
__________________
John 1992 CHP #E895201 |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks!
__________________
Michael J nicknamed as "MJ" ---------------------------------------------------- Owned 6 Fox Mustangs since 1998. Proud owner of the vehicles: 1989 Ocala FL SSP unmarked drug enforcement unit 1989 Mustang GT (5 speed conversion) 1990 FHP unit - SOLD 1991 Davie, FL SSP #142 - SOLD 2014 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
You are right about the Fuzion tires.
These are great tires and at a great price. I ordered 5 of these for my 93 CHP Mustang on Sunday and they arrived from Tire Rack the following Tuesday. I only the 4 tires for my wifes Camaro were as cheap as the 5 tires for my Mustang.
__________________
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|