|
|||||||
| Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I know he restored my old car, M5-582. Didn't go back stock, no spotlights or black/white and had a cowl hood. That the one you are thinking of? We do need to find out who he sold it to.
__________________
Chris L '86 TX DPS Mustang. Unknown Unit # |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thats the one , I saw it finished it was beautiful. It was solid black. He covered up all traces of it being a DPS SSP. I didnt know what year it was.
__________________
Thanks Jason 86 CHP Unit #3852 86 Texas DPS M6-383 93 Texas DPS M3-379 93 Cobra Teal #2304 (sold) 03 Cobra 10th Annv.Conv. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yup, that's it. I hope he left the unit number on the inside of the door jamb. It was a cool car, sat for 20+ years after being bought from auction in downtown austin.
__________________
Chris L '86 TX DPS Mustang. Unknown Unit # |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
That's awesome Jason! I can't wait to see this car! 4-eye coupes sure are sweet. I cant believe its was going to be a parts car! You got there in the nick of time! Do you think the brown paint is the auction paintjob?
__________________
1989 Mustang LX 5.0, 5 speed (ex-TX DPS car) #200882 unit# M9166- SOLD
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
I hope the brown wasnt a chosen color for resale.
__________________
Thanks Jason 86 CHP Unit #3852 86 Texas DPS M6-383 93 Texas DPS M3-379 93 Cobra Teal #2304 (sold) 03 Cobra 10th Annv.Conv. |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Back in the 80's Brown was a choice for repaint. They used Nixon Brand paint on the cars.
Tom |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well I pulled the seats, carpet and rear panels looking for a build sheet with no luck. Floors are 100% solid no rust. I was shocked by that after sitting behind that fence in the grass since 2001. Even the seat floor brackets were in great shape with no damage. I did find a bunch of holes drilled in the drivers and passenger side tunnel. Some kind of equipment brackets. Does anybody have any good interior picts of the 86 TX DPS equipment brackets?? Ive inspected the whole car and found no rust anywhere, if the rear quarter wasnt damaged the body would be super! ..... I guess I should like brown paint...LOL ! Heres a picture of where the rear fogs went and the floorboard holes. I marked them with screw drivers.
__________________
Thanks Jason 86 CHP Unit #3852 86 Texas DPS M6-383 93 Texas DPS M3-379 93 Cobra Teal #2304 (sold) 03 Cobra 10th Annv.Conv. |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
I am the current owner of M5-582. Bought it from my brother-in-law at the end of last year.
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Congrats, and welcome!
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Welcome...is Jason your brother-in-law?
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|