Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #19  
Old 06-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Mustang Kid's Avatar
Mustang Kid Mustang Kid is offline
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grants Pass, OR
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHP8336 View Post
X1000 On that !!!
xINFINITY...ok maybe not that much

Didn't see these replies lol

Not much more done on the car, other than I took my '84 carb off and started taking stuff off the motor and around in the engine bay.

I had decided, that I wouldn't pull the motor, just strip it down and clean and repaint around it.
BUT, after looking through Aaron's thread on his Kansas SSP, I have decided that... I will be going farther into this resto than most everyone has with their CHPs. Not saying that CHP owners have done cheap restos, I am just at the point of: 1, Repainting and putting it back together. or 2, taking the motor and trans out, stripping the front suspension and engine bay, and restoring the car like Aaron has done to his.

It's either, hurry and wish in the future that I had done a more thorough job, or do it right the first time. I don't believe any of us 85 CHP owners has done this thorough of a job?

Sorry Rich, I don't think 8337 will be able to attend Ripon this year as I had hoped , but I will try and get my dad to bring the EVOC.

Just thought I should update this since I hadn't in a while. I am shooting for the quality of a magazine car, and possibly have my car featured in the new Fox Mustang Mag someday if it sticks around. That is also why I want the equipment to be as correct as possible.

And thanks everyone for the kind comments before, they help keep me interested more and drive me to work on the car. It's kind of hard to where it is at right now, but I am trying to get it to paint before the summer ends

I can't wait to see my car in a line up like this
__________________

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.