|
|||||||
| Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ditto!!!
Jim - they didn't happen to say which shows, did they? I've always been dying to see this car in person....finally gonna happen!
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Mike he did not say which shows or events. I will be corresponding with him about some other stuff so I will ask him, or he can post it up here if he wants to.
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
That is so cool, Jim. What an honor, for both you and the car!! Way to go.
Greg
__________________
1982 CHP Mustang Coupe, Unit # E870567 **SOLD to chp1982** 1988 Mustang 5.0 LX, Unit # HP 43 (Wyoming Highway Patrol) 1991 Ford Crown Victoria S (Brentwood, CA Police Dept/Cinema Vehicle Svcs) 1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP** 1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol) |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Wow! when is that museum going to be open? I would love to visit that museum.
__________________
Michael J nicknamed as "MJ" ---------------------------------------------------- Owned 6 Fox Mustangs since 1998. Proud owner of the vehicles: 1989 Ocala FL SSP unmarked drug enforcement unit 1989 Mustang GT (5 speed conversion) 1990 FHP unit - SOLD 1991 Davie, FL SSP #142 - SOLD 2014 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
That's awesome
They probably wanted your car because of the quality of the restoration. The CHP likes seeing these cars restored, especially when they are done a close to exact as possible. That's why I want all original equipment on my 85. Correct restorations pay off ![]() Congrats
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
very nice Jim!
I don't know if you remember my conversation with the Idaho State Police back when i got you the coloring book http://i13.tinypic.com/4xndhte.jpg but they (The ISP) had a display of their older ISP vehicles and including a Camaro and when i mentioned the SSP Mustangsone of the museum representative in charge of the car display said you know....we goofed up by not keeping one of those Mustangs! glad to see the car came home..... |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Congrats !!
When I stop at he academy I'll ask about it. They have a lot of CHP vehicles in a warehouse behind the EVOC and range office. Next to the range. 82 Camaro is in there also. I'll get what ever info I can for you. That's great !
__________________
John 1992 CHP #E895201 |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
VERY nice save, Jim! One day I would like to see that car in person.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Maybe some day when we are old and retired we can make a trip out there ??
__________________
Jim for the first time since 1998 there is only two left: 1984 Oregon SP unmarked 1986 Idaho SP |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|