Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-16-2012, 10:11 PM
texunter's Avatar
texunter texunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: tx
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03cobra View Post
Thats awesome Ted! The car is not as bad as I pictured in my head when we talked on the phone. You need to come see me in Grandview. I can fix you up with parts. It will be worth it...Get er done!
I will be coming to visit you!

I cant wait.....

Ted
__________________
1986 TX DPS M6-373
1987 TX DPS M7-XXX
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-05-2012, 05:12 PM
ChrisL's Avatar
ChrisL ChrisL is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 632
Default

Hey Ted, anything new here?
__________________
Chris L
'86 TX DPS Mustang. Unknown Unit #
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-05-2012, 08:23 PM
texunter's Avatar
texunter texunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: tx
Posts: 289
Default

No Sir..

I have it covered and stored inside.
I have been extremely depressed about it.

I have lost motivation for my aero cars but it's so difficult to let them go.

I sit and drool over your car and now the other 86 DPS that stubes just sold is gonna get done up..
I'm not sure if my car can be fixed for sure. It sucks.

I have to find someone who can fix it properly and who cares enough to do it without taking my arm.

It is kinda rare with low mileage and never been painted and auctioned. And it has proof of newer equipment which I like. Something has to happen though! This is my favorite car....
__________________
1986 TX DPS M6-373
1987 TX DPS M7-XXX
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-2012, 08:33 PM
ChrisL's Avatar
ChrisL ChrisL is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 632
Default

You need to talk to Jason, I was talking with him the other day and he said he's got a frame shop up there that has a magic wand and wizards working there. Talk to him, get it pulled straight, then replace the core-support/fender aprons and start moving forward. He might have some ideas on other stuff too, we talked about your car for about 2 hours the other day. I want to see you work on it! Four-eyed cars are the best, but I could be biased.
__________________
Chris L
'86 TX DPS Mustang. Unknown Unit #
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-07-2012, 12:30 PM
03cobra's Avatar
03cobra 03cobra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Grandview ,Texas
Posts: 237
Default

Hey Ted.... Dont worry we will get it done right. I have all you need to fix your car from the new parts car. We just need to keep our eyes on the ball and start gathering what you need. It will take a while longer but look what you will have. Keep in touch!
__________________
Thanks Jason

86 CHP Unit #3852
86 Texas DPS M6-383
93 Texas DPS M3-379
93 Cobra Teal #2304 (sold)
03 Cobra 10th Annv.Conv.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:10 PM
texunter's Avatar
texunter texunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: tx
Posts: 289
Default

Small update:

I was able to finally get the car titled in my name!

The state had no record of this car so i was forced to get a surety bond.
Now i have plates, registration sticker, and the title will be here in no time.

This means that i can confidently throw money at it without the fear of never being able to drive it legally.

Im stoked!!

Ted
__________________
1986 TX DPS M6-373
1987 TX DPS M7-XXX
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-26-2012, 11:37 PM
ChrisL's Avatar
ChrisL ChrisL is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 632
Default

Just got the PM, congrats Ted! I can't wait for the teardown and rebuild to commence! Absolutely fantastic news, I'm so glad this car has been given a second lease on life.
__________________
Chris L
'86 TX DPS Mustang. Unknown Unit #
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.