Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-17-2012, 10:21 AM
CNTLOSE's Avatar
CNTLOSE CNTLOSE is offline
It is what it is.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 416
Default

Had that same system on my '93 TX DPS SSP. I thought it look very nice, fit well, and a very close to stock sound. (If I remember right it is the Super Turbo mufflers.)
__________________

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-17-2012, 07:25 PM
ajstoys63's Avatar
ajstoys63 ajstoys63 is offline
1991 Retired Govt. SSP
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 114
Default

The Pypes system does not fit very well and it has a very heavy drone at about 55 - 65 mph... It is just about hitting the bumper cover on one side... Also very tight clearance around the rear.. It was on the car when I bought it. The car also had a Pypes X pipe that I took off.. That was very low to the ground. I put a Walker H pipe back on it now.. Also the Pypes system is very loud out the exhaust.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-17-2012, 07:30 PM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default

I agree with the Pypes comments above. That's been my experience and therefore stay away from them as a personal preference.
__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 PM
ajstoys63's Avatar
ajstoys63 ajstoys63 is offline
1991 Retired Govt. SSP
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 114
Default

I can tell you this much.. Their fit is horrible. One tail pipe points up and the other is straight. Plus the drone was terrible. I am hoping this system (Dynomax 17393 Exhaust System) is a lot better with the fit and noise. And I was able to get it from Amazon for $308... Free shipping. Walker/Dynomax suggested this system since I can't get the original.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-18-2012, 01:43 AM
calimustang's Avatar
calimustang calimustang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 435
Default

Yep Pypes were terrible on fitting on my old 08 GT, it was not even. It was so annoying and yes i lost power, should have gone for flowmasters for my old 08 GT.
__________________
Michael J nicknamed as "MJ"
----------------------------------------------------
Owned 6 Fox Mustangs since 1998.
Proud owner of the vehicles:
1989 Ocala FL SSP unmarked drug enforcement unit
1989 Mustang GT (5 speed conversion)
1990 FHP unit - SOLD
1991 Davie, FL SSP #142 - SOLD
2014 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-18-2012, 05:49 PM
ajstoys63's Avatar
ajstoys63 ajstoys63 is offline
1991 Retired Govt. SSP
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 114
Default

I can't stand the way they look on the car and to try to make it as perfect as possible and the 2 chrome tailpipes look all jacked up...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.