Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 12-11-2011, 09:10 AM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

Thanks guys! I forgot how frustrating the prep stage can be. I paid a lot of attention to the top of the radiator support, since that what people's eyes tend to see. Just when I thought I had the surface smooth enough, I'd see something and have to sand & re-primer again.

Greg, I used Rust-Oleum Satin Black for the major surface areas. I knew not to use a gloss, semi-gloss, or flat black, as I was looking for a matte finish. I hope I do not regret not using a high temperature paint. Those shock towers can get hot down by the factory headers. A few pieces (like the bracket for the windshield wiper motor) will be painted in glass black. Once I have everything buttoned up, I will go back and touch up the fasteners in either satin or gloss black.

I'm not so sure I'll get much done today. Instead of working on the car, I'll be spending some family time with Jack on a Sporting Clays range in lower Delaware.
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.