Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-03-2011, 04:40 PM
badbrad badbrad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Regina, Sk. Canada
Posts: 17
Default Still looking

I called Walker-DynoMax today they have no listings at all for the 2.25 stainless tailipes 45059 (L)or 45060(R). They say they do not sell the tailpipes indiviually, only as a Kit. I explained that some sites offer them, he said theymust have broken up a kit and be selling pieces?? I called S. R. and one other place they have stainless tailpipe 45060 ( Pass Side) in stock as do several other places list prices from 117.08 Canadian to high of 174.00 USD. They are all out of stock of the 45059 ( dr side) & have "No availbility". Dynomax offers a complete exhaust system.. cat back but not in 2.25 only 2.50 & 3.00. I ordered everything from SR( Walker ) : 2 mufflers (22349-LH & 22348-RH). Tailpipes 45903-LH & 45902-RH, 2 extension pipes 42796-LH & 42795-RH. Total including a few hangers etc was 339.24 for both sides-cat back. They are not the stainless tips.. Ill guess I will have to get my sandpaper & polishing kit out.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2011, 07:07 AM
ajstoys63's Avatar
ajstoys63 ajstoys63 is offline
1991 Retired Govt. SSP
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 114
Default

Well I am truly going to be surprised if FMR comes through with these parts, as I have not heard of a shipping date yet. I wouldn't mind using the 2 1/2 inch kit if it fits and looks ok. I don't like the aftermarket one that is on the car now (Pypes). Its fit is terrible. If Walker made a 2 1/2 kit that had the polished stainless tail pipes and the fit was good I would have bought that. But I was told they could get this.. I am waiting to see... At least for a couple of days more..

Is there a kit number for the 2.50 Walker/Dynomax kit??
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2011, 02:26 PM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default

I found 2 1/4 ones online and ordered late Spring. Forgot the brand but it was a commonly known and respected name. After 2 months and no ship date (or expectation of when it would ship) I cancelled my order only to find that they had charged my credit card some weeks earlier. So I sent them a terse letter with instructions to cancel my order and return my funds. Then went through my credit card company and disputed the charge.
__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-10-2011, 09:29 AM
ajstoys63's Avatar
ajstoys63 ajstoys63 is offline
1991 Retired Govt. SSP
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 114
Default

Well I spoke to them (FMR) on the phone and they assured me that they could get it. The only short fall was it wouldn't have the Ford logo on it and it may take a few days to get it. They told me that it has to get shipped to them to be inspected and then shipped to me... I didn't mind that. I just want to get the crappy exhaust off the car that is on it now.

Which company did you order yours from??

If it doesn't come through then I may buy the 2 1/2 system that was stated on this thread.. It looked pretty good on the one car. Badbrad is there a kit number for the 2 1/2 system from Walker/Dynomax?? Which mufflers are they using??

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-10-2011, 06:08 PM
ajstoys63's Avatar
ajstoys63 ajstoys63 is offline
1991 Retired Govt. SSP
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 114
Default

Ok... Wel that fell through. They can't get the passenger side tail pipe. I am going to have to find a decent system even if it is 2 1/2 inch... HELP!!

What about the Walker/Dynomax kit? Is it loud? Does it fit and look ok?? Does anyone have a kit number with polished stainless tailpipes??

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-10-2011, 06:21 PM
ajstoys63's Avatar
ajstoys63 ajstoys63 is offline
1991 Retired Govt. SSP
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 114
Default

1988Bullitt what system/kit are you using on your car?? I like the look and fit. Is it very loud?

Thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-13-2012, 01:57 PM
ajstoys63's Avatar
ajstoys63 ajstoys63 is offline
1991 Retired Govt. SSP
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 114
Red face

Well I finally received the Walker/Dynomax kit for the LX... I have to have it installed and welded up..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-24-2012, 11:32 AM
1988Bullitt's Avatar
1988Bullitt 1988Bullitt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoys63 View Post
1988Bullitt what system/kit are you using on your car?? I like the look and fit. Is it very loud?

Thanks...
Sorry I missed this post, My AL car had Dynomax SuperTurbo catback with SS tailpipes. It was not very loud at all, sounded and looked stock. I will try and find the part number if they still make it, not sure if it's to late for you. I still need to order the same kit for my KHP car.
__________________
-Aaron

1992 SSP Kansas Highway Patrol #264 Troop H
1991 SSP Georgia State Patrol Perm/Trunk #1195, Roof/Badge/Tag #813
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.