|
|||||||
| 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Did the Walker mufflers have the exhaust pipe and flange attached ??
Can you give me the part numbers. I understand the original exhaust is 2 1/4is that what you ordered. I am just about ( next day or two) to order 2 mufflers and both tail pipes from Summit Racing. If you can give me the exact part numbers that would be great.. Hard to keep them all straight, so many listings.. Thanks Bard |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yes the originals are 2.25 inch... The Walker part numbers are tail pipes - 45059/left and 45060/right.. Intermediate pipes - 42796 and 42835. mufflers 22349 and 22440. You can get the tailpipes non polished alluminized. I have to get new isolators/hangers also. I am going to have the system welded into place after I put it on. I was also told these mufflers come with the heat shields... We shall see about that. The car currently has a 2.50 inch PYPES system and it fit horribly on the car.. I didn't put it on the car it it was the previous owner who put it on..
By the way (Aron) the exhaust looks great on your car! |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks for posting those part numbers up here.
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
I called Walker-DynoMax today they have no listings at all for the 2.25 stainless tailipes 45059 (L)or 45060(R). They say they do not sell the tailpipes indiviually, only as a Kit. I explained that some sites offer them, he said theymust have broken up a kit and be selling pieces?? I called S. R. and one other place they have stainless tailpipe 45060 ( Pass Side) in stock as do several other places list prices from 117.08 Canadian to high of 174.00 USD. They are all out of stock of the 45059 ( dr side) & have "No availbility". Dynomax offers a complete exhaust system.. cat back but not in 2.25 only 2.50 & 3.00. I ordered everything from SR( Walker ) : 2 mufflers (22349-LH & 22348-RH). Tailpipes 45903-LH & 45902-RH, 2 extension pipes 42796-LH & 42795-RH. Total including a few hangers etc was 339.24 for both sides-cat back. They are not the stainless tips.. Ill guess I will have to get my sandpaper & polishing kit out.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well I am truly going to be surprised if FMR comes through with these parts, as I have not heard of a shipping date yet. I wouldn't mind using the 2 1/2 inch kit if it fits and looks ok. I don't like the aftermarket one that is on the car now (Pypes). Its fit is terrible. If Walker made a 2 1/2 kit that had the polished stainless tail pipes and the fit was good I would have bought that. But I was told they could get this.. I am waiting to see... At least for a couple of days more..
Is there a kit number for the 2.50 Walker/Dynomax kit?? |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
I found 2 1/4 ones online and ordered late Spring. Forgot the brand but it was a commonly known and respected name. After 2 months and no ship date (or expectation of when it would ship) I cancelled my order only to find that they had charged my credit card some weeks earlier. So I sent them a terse letter with instructions to cancel my order and return my funds. Then went through my credit card company and disputed the charge.
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well I spoke to them (FMR) on the phone and they assured me that they could get it. The only short fall was it wouldn't have the Ford logo on it and it may take a few days to get it. They told me that it has to get shipped to them to be inspected and then shipped to me... I didn't mind that. I just want to get the crappy exhaust off the car that is on it now.
Which company did you order yours from?? If it doesn't come through then I may buy the 2 1/2 system that was stated on this thread.. It looked pretty good on the one car. Badbrad is there a kit number for the 2 1/2 system from Walker/Dynomax?? Which mufflers are they using?? Thanks |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|