Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-07-2011, 04:03 PM
calimustang's Avatar
calimustang calimustang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 435
Default

Let's call her "Casper" then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
You can now call it "Casper"
__________________
Michael J nicknamed as "MJ"
----------------------------------------------------
Owned 6 Fox Mustangs since 1998.
Proud owner of the vehicles:
1989 Ocala FL SSP unmarked drug enforcement unit
1989 Mustang GT (5 speed conversion)
1990 FHP unit - SOLD
1991 Davie, FL SSP #142 - SOLD
2014 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Mustang Kid's Avatar
Mustang Kid Mustang Kid is offline
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grants Pass, OR
Posts: 844
Default

YES!! Casper it is and the car is white

ANOTHER PIECE OF HISTORY IS FOUND!!
Found a late 80's early 90's Cali plate in the trunk attached to the front plate bracket. I was hoping that the CHP still had it in the 90's (quite possible as when my dad went to MT in the late 90's, they still had a Diplomat), or that it went to a different agency after the CHP. I am checking the plate # on the link Bill posted.
__________________

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Mustang Kid's Avatar
Mustang Kid Mustang Kid is offline
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grants Pass, OR
Posts: 844
Default

There is still hope!!
Ran the plate and all that came up is the same as when I ran the VIN (like I posted before- only the 2 98-00 smog checks)
__________________

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-08-2011, 01:28 AM
FoxChassis FoxChassis is offline
VIN guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,011
Default

Sam: What part of the door tag did you think I may have misread?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Mustang Kid's Avatar
Mustang Kid Mustang Kid is offline
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grants Pass, OR
Posts: 844
Default

I just wanted to reconfirm the vin. I could barely read it in the pic, but you are the pro and have seen enough vins to know what they are. Sorry if I offended you.
__________________

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-08-2011, 07:13 PM
FoxChassis FoxChassis is offline
VIN guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,011
Default

You didn't 'offend' me. LOL Just wondering if you were seeing something I wasn't.

I didn't even need the door tag to figure out what the VIN is. I figured it out from the buck tag.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Mustang Kid's Avatar
Mustang Kid Mustang Kid is offline
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grants Pass, OR
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
You didn't 'offend' me. LOL Just wondering if you were seeing something I wasn't.

I didn't even need the door tag to figure out what the VIN is. I figured it out from the buck tag.
I will never be able to figure out the stuff you do
I invision you having a basement full of fileing cabnets full of fox decode stuff (like the room full of documents just for one guy the one cop has in the second Punisher movie) lol
__________________

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.