Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Mustang Kid's Avatar
Mustang Kid Mustang Kid is offline
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grants Pass, OR
Posts: 844
Default

Are these them?
__________________

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Wolfe1013's Avatar
Wolfe1013 Wolfe1013 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 376
Default

Well, usually on the driver side in that same location and if I'm not mistaken, over/under in a vertical pattern. Mine doesn't have them either side unless I've got that blind!!
__________________
1982 CHP Mustang Coupe, Unit # E870567 **SOLD to chp1982**
1988 Mustang 5.0 LX, Unit # HP 43 (Wyoming Highway Patrol)
1991 Ford Crown Victoria S (Brentwood, CA Police Dept/Cinema Vehicle Svcs)
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2011, 12:21 AM
CHP8336's Avatar
CHP8336 CHP8336 is offline
1985 CHP/NEV SSP'S
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rohnert Park Ca
Posts: 360
Default

Kinda sad to see a CHP Mustang SSP in the blackberry bushs. I have kept my CHP car in the heated garage since I bought it from the CHP on 9-1-1987.

O well....... Mustang Kid .........I would like to give you MY honest opinon on ALL the very nice SSP cars your dad owns.

I really think your dad is awsome for buying all of those SSP cars back in the day like I did and KEEPING THEM.
I will label your dad a SSP hobbyist.

He bought all of these nice cars and kept them for so many years. I may not agree with how these cars were kept but thats not for me to judge.

Without saying to much B.S. I want you to know that these cars are getting hard to find and are special to many members here. There are some people in this hobby to make money buying and selling these cars as you prob already know who they are.

Then there are some of us that own these cars because we LOVE the cars and the SSP history that lives in every one of these cars. I really hope you understand what I am trying to relate to you.
Please save ALL of the SSP cars your dad owns. I hope YOU can restore all of these AWSOME cars in due time. If you or your dad dont want to do that then please try to sell them to a SSP hobbist that will restore them to there former glory. I have owned my car for 24 years and I hope YOU will own all of these AWSOME cars for as long as I have......... Your Friend Rich
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1985 California Highway Patrol #8336 Napa Ca office.

1985 Nevada Highway Patrol #30. Federal Test Car. Reno Nv office.

California Highway Patrol#8336 & Nevada Highway Patrol #30 Restoration Pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/CHP8336/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2011, 12:36 AM
ChrisL's Avatar
ChrisL ChrisL is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 632
Default

Pretty wild to see a car in that kind of setting, but it does look well preserved! Thanks again for posting these kinds of pictures up. Let's see, you just started that Aero nosed CHP after many years... I think you need to dig this one out and fire it up!
__________________
Chris L
'86 TX DPS Mustang. Unknown Unit #
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-24-2011, 07:56 AM
chp1982 chp1982 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 926
Default

Thanks Mustang Kid! Hopefully you can yank it out of there soon.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Mustang Kid's Avatar
Mustang Kid Mustang Kid is offline
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grants Pass, OR
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHP8336 View Post
Kinda sad to see a CHP Mustang SSP in the blackberry bushs. I have kept my CHP car in the heated garage since I bought it from the CHP on 9-1-1987.

O well....... Mustang Kid .........I would like to give you MY honest opinon on ALL the very nice SSP cars your dad owns.

I really think your dad is awsome for buying all of those SSP cars back in the day like I did and KEEPING THEM.
I will label your dad a SSP hobbyist.

He bought all of these nice cars and kept them for so many years. I may not agree with how these cars were kept but thats not for me to judge.

Without saying to much B.S. I want you to know that these cars are getting hard to find and are special to many members here. There are some people in this hobby to make money buying and selling these cars as you prob already know who they are.

Then there are some of us that own these cars because we LOVE the cars and the SSP history that lives in every one of these cars. I really hope you understand what I am trying to relate to you.
Please save ALL of the SSP cars your dad owns. I hope YOU can restore all of these AWSOME cars in due time. If you or your dad dont want to do that then please try to sell them to a SSP hobbist that will restore them to there former glory. I have owned my car for 24 years and I hope YOU will own all of these AWSOME cars for as long as I have......... Your Friend Rich
Thanks Rich
My dad hasnt had the money to rent or build a nice garage(we'll have to once we start restoring our cars) to store all of them in. Most all the cars my dad has he bought like they are now(unrestored and beat up), but he has covered the nice ones to protect them from the sun.
I plan on keeping all the mustangs when they become mine someday
I am going to push to get the 82 pulled out and cleaned up
__________________

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.