|
|||||||
| Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I want to know what else is hiding in the berry patch.
__________________
Ryan |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ahh, well lets see, I found a 70 Hemi Cuda convertible, a couple Chargers, some Plymouth satellites, a 77 Fury, a 67 Shelby GT500, and some other cop cars. Just Kidding!
haha Actually there are Plymouth satellites (one a 440 police), a 71 6cyl Charger, a Packard, a 77 Grants Pass Police Ply. Fury(lone survivor), a 66 CHP Polara, some Diplomats(non CHP), and some others I havent uncovered yet. More pics of the 82 soon to be posted. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Pardon my ignorance / not knowing and particularly if this has come up already, but my curiosity has the best of me. What's your Dad's plan with all these cars. Seems like he has been acquiring for many years. Does he have a business that deals in old police cars?
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
He's been in the car restoration business since he graduated HS in '80. Since then he has had some very rare (and now worth hundreds of thousands of dollars) cars. He has over 200 collector cars and cop cars(including the largest private collection of CHP cars with 60+ cars) which he has finagled/traded/bought over the years(quite a few my dad bought to restore and sell). People my dad is restoring cars for want them to be done right away, but my dad has another full time job. With other peoples projects he doesnt have time for his stuff(he will be slowing down on taking on other peoples projects after the ones he has now are gone to work on his stuff). I will probably end up restoring a lot of them in the future. My dad now deals mostly in Crown Vic cop cars now. He started getting into the cop car stuff back in the 90's. PM for stuff other than the 82 so the there will be no |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I know your dad and do me a favor! Tell him howdy from me. For yousans that don't know Sams dad, he is a MASTER car restorer. This guy is a real gentleman also, and I remember the 1st Ripon Ca. car show when I went to and finally met him. He brought a 80-90 era police caprice (blue with white doors) and I know dad will remember CHP giving him a real bad time about the white doors even though the car was blue. Almost got a ticket! John Bujosa was with him with his CHP stang on a trailer if I remember right. Great dad and friend Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Sam, thanks for posting up pictures of the 82! Although it's a bit rough, it certainly is savable. Between you and your dad I'm sure it will eventually be returned to its former glory.
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Even if it's a junk toyota with white doors, you may get a ticket My dad still has the Caprice too. Thanks |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|