|
|||||||
| Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'm pretty sure that my dads was mounted differently without the gun rack, however the modified gun rack may be what the 92 originally had.
![]() It had a bracket off the top of the dash connecting to the part of the radio rack where the gun rack would have connected (like in the 92). ![]()
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Here is when we got it out and after I washed it and cleaned the interior.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Clean interior. ![]() After washing.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Off topic: I spy a box bodied Caprice in the background - CHP?
__________________
Ryan |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
It is actually a barn find 84 Oregon State Police Impala that my dad and his friend got to restore.
![]() Original paint and interior, untouched for 20 years, still just like it left the auction(other than the hubcaps, whip antenna, and lightbar ).
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Cool. And is that a 2002 B4C I see on the left? Don't mean to hijack the thread. PM me the details so we keep this on track.
__________________
Ryan |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
No prob. PM sent
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Sam, I won't be presumptuous and tell you or your dad what to do with his car, but if that were my car...
![]() ...I would consider only making a few changes to it. These cars are only original once, even if they are showing their age. I would clean the black X paint off the doors, and add the CHP logos and lettering back onto the doors and decklid (even if you had to repaint the doors white). Then you could look at adding the CHP equipment that it used to have, and call it done. That car as it sits is oozing with character!
__________________
Bill Jr. To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang! |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
I was thinking the same as you on this one, Bill.
__________________
Mike 1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114 1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641 http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/ |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Agree wholeheartedly. Tried to convince the third owner of the '92 EVOC to keep it original too but it fell on deaf ears. That car looks good today but would have been ever more desirable as a lightly preserved survivor...all it needed was door paint, decals, equipment and some new roll bar padding.
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
I want my dad to get the title issues fixed so we could possibly take the car like it is to the Ripon Show, dont think it will happen though, but my dad may bring (if we can go) "the last CHP Caprice #2080". I may try and convince my dad to leave the car alone and do what you guys suggested. I too think that the car would be more desirable and neat preserved like it is.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|