Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-31-2007, 05:33 PM
jarhed123's Avatar
jarhed123 jarhed123 is offline
CHiPster
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 877
Default

I found the build sheet of my car, or what was left of it, under the carpet behind the driver's seat.
__________________
1985 CHP 8302 - 1992 CHP 9067 - 1986 FHP 0293 - 1986 LX 5.0 - 1993 Rome PD UNMRKD (Floyd Co., GA) - 1993 LX 5.0 - 2003 Mach1
http://s31.photobucket.com/user/jarhed123/library/?sort=2&page=1#/user/jarhed123/library/?sort=2&page=1&_suid=13957121463060810331252691418 8
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-01-2007, 09:42 AM
xnutt xnutt is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: iowa
Posts: 6
Default

the build sheet may not be there matt. the guy had it tore apart pretty good.

glad to see your making progress on it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2007, 12:10 PM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

I will keep looking as I need to get the headliner out of it so that I can put some dynamat in the roof of the car and also replace the headliner.

Matt
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-17-2007, 05:38 PM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

I just need to clean the carpet and replace the headliner with a good like color one and the interior other than the driver seat being recovered it will be complete.

I got the door panel I needed for the passenger side as well as the dahs under column piece I needed and a tail light lense. Foureyepride is great for these early cars.

Now that I have a paying job again I will be trying to get the rest of this car finished.

Matt
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-17-2007, 01:47 PM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

I still have a lot of stuff to do for the car but I am getting excited about the car coming together as I am going home this weekend and while I am there I am picking up a Jetsonic lightbar for the car that Mike has put together for me from a few parts bars and all I need then is a period correct light and siren box for the car and I am really half way done with this car. just needs some interior stuff cleaned up as well as the frame section replaced and then a paint job and decals. Well maybe some magnetics for the car as I will drive this one until the 87 TxDPS SSP is completed and I can find a Non-SSP 86 Coupe for my daily driver.

My truck when at home uses to much GAS so something lighter on the pocket book is really needed.

Hey what can I say I think my 86 is the only one to be known to exist from Nedraska.

Thanks again Mike for the lightbar I really do appreciate it.

Matt
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

I have also decided to repair the seatback that was originally in the car as I might use it in the texas car as the seats that were in it were tossed in the garbage long ago before I knew there was something special about them. I can have it built stronger, it just takes $$$...

I will get some pictures of the lightbar when I get it home and add it to my cardomain site along with the rest of the Texas DPS lighting. I think I will throw the lightbar on the car as it sits in the garage. My garage is very messy right now and with me working in D.C. it will be a little while for me to get it cleaned up.

Later!
Matt
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-04-2007, 01:32 PM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

I got my PA200 Friday as well as my MPH-S80 radar setup and I just need a couple of more items and I can say the car will be ready for paint and be off for that. That is of course as long as there is room for this in the budget. I will be getting some work done on my CHP car next time I am at home too. Can't wait to get that done and post some pictures of that too.

Have a good week everyone and I hope the holiday weekend was goo for everyone too.

Matt
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-23-2007, 10:15 AM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

I got the Hustler antenna in yesterday. I just need to get a new whip for it and some screws to help hold it in place and that antenna is done! 2 more antennas, 3 mounts and some creative mounting and everything will likely go into place the next time I am at home. Well all but the actual CB and scanner.

I will have 1 more piece to MAKE for that stuff to go into the car but that shouldn't be that bad at all.I looked at the carpet while I was at home this weekend and I still need to clean it up a bit. I think I am going to remove the jute (sp) padding from it and try to get that stuff aired out some and then steam clean the carpet itself. All the stains that are there should come out easily enough.

Anyone have any NOS or maybe lightly used OEM regatta blue floor mats they want to sell? I need to get some interior dye and redo the dashpad.

I also will be prepairing the car for the removal of the engine and transmission so that I can make repairs to the front frame section. WISH ME LUCK on that one!

I hope progress is coming along on everyone elses cars too.

Matt
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-17-2007, 06:52 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHP8302 View Post
Thanks again Mike for the lightbar I really do appreciate it.

Matt
No prob....glad to help, Matt.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-20-2007, 06:23 AM
86NeSSP's Avatar
86NeSSP 86NeSSP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,112
Default

I got a shot of the light bar on top of the car Saturday afternoon but didn't have the cable for the camera to download it.

The car is going to look great with the bar on it.
Thanks again Mike.
Matt
__________________
2007 Mustang GT
Fun loving 1988 5.0 Ranger!
1964 Fairlane 500 2 door post (GR350)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.