Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-24-2011, 11:05 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Here's another thought...have you asked any of the 4EP guys with the earlier, "caramel" (I think) interiors about it?

It's possible that there were two different colors and Ford used whatever they had left, since '82 was the end of the line for this mesh~style material. Just a thought, but more like a guess.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Bullitt1609 Bullitt1609 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Odenville, AL
Posts: 263
Default

I skimmed through the thread, and may have overlooked it, but where is everyone getting their '82 CHP interior pieces from?

I have a good set of door panels I will probably have died and I got some seat material samples from SMS that I think will look great.

The dash and other interior plastics were painted blue by a previous owner; I may be able to salvage them though. I will still need to source carpet, package tray, headliner, dash pad, etc. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Jonathon
__________________
Jonathon
Mustang Museum of America
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:17 PM
chp1982 chp1982 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 926
Default

Do you have an '82?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Bullitt1609 Bullitt1609 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Odenville, AL
Posts: 263
Default

I do. Unit 0548. Dropped it off at the body shop this past weekend for paint. The dash and all other plastics were painted blue, blue seats installed, no carpet... So I've got some work ahead of me.
__________________
Jonathon
Mustang Museum of America
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2012, 10:27 AM
chp1982 chp1982 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 926
Default

Sweet! That's the primered white Ebay car right? Lots of pictures please!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-23-2012, 11:39 AM
chp1982 chp1982 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 926
Default

To answer your question about where to get interior parts, dye what you can. Chances of finding good, usable French Vanilla pieces is a long shot to say the least. SMS has the headliner material and told me that they may have the package tray material but I would have to send them a sample. Have Fox resto send you samples for the carpet. You should be able to get pretty close with one of them. As far as the dash pad, there are nice OEM ones that come up on ebay. Buy it and dye it. Unfortunately, we have one of the most hard to find interior colors. Keep us updated on the progress and post some pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Bullitt1609 Bullitt1609 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Odenville, AL
Posts: 263
Default

Thanks for the info. I emailed Fox Resto earlier in the week to ask about various items. I'll follow up with them and get some samples. SMS did send me some samples for the seats, but did not mention the headliner. I will check back with them.

It is. He listed it a couple times on eBay, then took it off for me when we worked out a deal. It has about 7 layers of white primer on it, but there is no rust anywhere. He had it sitting for a while, but after changing the plugs, fresh gas, rotor button, and a little starting fluid, it started right up and felt very strong. No smoke, no unusual noises, nothing.

Here are a few pics of where we're at now. I plan on dying as much as I can, but will need to source some items I don't have.

Thanks again. I'll keep posting pics as we progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Body (01).jpg (39.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Body (02).jpg (50.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Interior (08).jpg (67.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Engine (01).jpg (68.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Engine (22).jpg (64.8 KB, 21 views)
__________________
Jonathon
Mustang Museum of America
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.