Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-31-2011, 09:35 PM
FHP813's Avatar
FHP813 FHP813 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Floriduh
Posts: 1,569
Default

I thought the 82 had a vinyl headliner? Stock interiors supposedly has the vinyl headliner, I don't know how accurate it is.
http://www.stockinteriors.com/Headli...=8&ModelId=201

Colors: http://stores.ebay.com/AutoCarpetOnl...-Material.html
__________________
Bernie

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01


Mustang Club of America member.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-31-2011, 10:45 PM
Wolfe1013's Avatar
Wolfe1013 Wolfe1013 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 376
Default

Our color for 1982 is French Vanilla which is lighter and more "creamy" than the chamois and tan shown.

Never heard of Stock Interiors. Thanks for the link.

Keep the comments and ideas coming.
__________________
1982 CHP Mustang Coupe, Unit # E870567 **SOLD to chp1982**
1988 Mustang 5.0 LX, Unit # HP 43 (Wyoming Highway Patrol)
1991 Ford Crown Victoria S (Brentwood, CA Police Dept/Cinema Vehicle Svcs)
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-31-2011, 11:05 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHP813 View Post
I thought the 82 had a vinyl headliner? Stock interiors supposedly has the vinyl headliner, I don't know how accurate it is.
http://www.stockinteriors.com/Headli...=8&ModelId=201

Colors: http://stores.ebay.com/AutoCarpetOnl...-Material.html
It does...in a herringbone-type pattern (light french vanilla), IIRC.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Wolfe1013's Avatar
Wolfe1013 Wolfe1013 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 376
Default

OK, Mike sent me a sample from his package tray. His is a little darker than mine, both original. His is top left and mine is top right and then a longer strip on the bottom is something I found stuck along the back passenger corner edge after removing my package tray.

Compare these to the sample I scanned from Fox Mustang Restoration. Not sure where they found theirs. You can definitely see a weave pattern in all of them.

SMS did not have a package tray selection when I got samples from them. I have yet to call them.

What do you think? The FMR sample doesn't feel like cloth. But it's a close match from a distance.

Oh, the Mike with the prototype sent me photos of his in black...and it's the same weave pattern. I'll find those pics and post one next.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1982 CHP package tray samples_rs.jpg (82.1 KB, 60 views)
__________________
1982 CHP Mustang Coupe, Unit # E870567 **SOLD to chp1982**
1988 Mustang 5.0 LX, Unit # HP 43 (Wyoming Highway Patrol)
1991 Ford Crown Victoria S (Brentwood, CA Police Dept/Cinema Vehicle Svcs)
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-24-2011, 10:05 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Greg,

I think yours is just faded.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Wolfe1013's Avatar
Wolfe1013 Wolfe1013 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Greg,

I think yours is just faded.
Don't see how it's faded, Mike, it came from the *underside* of my package tray. It's from the overlap.

__________________
1982 CHP Mustang Coupe, Unit # E870567 **SOLD to chp1982**
1988 Mustang 5.0 LX, Unit # HP 43 (Wyoming Highway Patrol)
1991 Ford Crown Victoria S (Brentwood, CA Police Dept/Cinema Vehicle Svcs)
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-24-2011, 10:24 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe1013 View Post
Don't see how it's faded, Mike, it came from the *underside* of my package tray. It's from the overlap.

You got me there...remember you telling me that before.

This is what I do know: the '82 I have is completely unmolested, still has the original interior in it, still had the buildsheet taped inside the quarter trim when I bought it, and is one of the nicest, unrestored, early 4 eyed cars I have ever seen. It even still has an original, BF Goodrich "Pursuit" 14inch full size spare in the trunk.

I believe the package tray in the car is original, and that it's the correct color.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Wolfe1013's Avatar
Wolfe1013 Wolfe1013 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 376
Default

I had to think about it, but I knew I had seen yours before. The color of yours matches Riley's.

OK, my car has two peculiarities...a lighter than normal package tray and the holes in the dash are not where they are supposed to be for the gun/mic rack brace.

However, when I uncovered the dash *pad* I did find what appeared to be two small screw holes there, above where the brace normally fastened. I do have the screw holes in the top left corner of the glove box opening, so my car did have a shotgun rack.
__________________
1982 CHP Mustang Coupe, Unit # E870567 **SOLD to chp1982**
1988 Mustang 5.0 LX, Unit # HP 43 (Wyoming Highway Patrol)
1991 Ford Crown Victoria S (Brentwood, CA Police Dept/Cinema Vehicle Svcs)
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Wolfe1013's Avatar
Wolfe1013 Wolfe1013 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 376
Default

Here is the black package tray from Mike's prototype. Note how you can see right through it over the speaker opening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1090190rs.jpg (224.0 KB, 86 views)
__________________
1982 CHP Mustang Coupe, Unit # E870567 **SOLD to chp1982**
1988 Mustang 5.0 LX, Unit # HP 43 (Wyoming Highway Patrol)
1991 Ford Crown Victoria S (Brentwood, CA Police Dept/Cinema Vehicle Svcs)
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.