Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Restoration-related Equipment Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Restoration-related Equipment Tech Any questions or information about any period-correct resto equipment (ie. switchboxes, lights, radios).

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-11-2011, 08:37 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSP959(R) View Post
This really sucks. I'll never find an overhead console. This means I'm another step farther from being able to put the car back to it's in-service condition.
I wouldn't be so sure....like I said earlier, I found one (I think it was NOS) and there are probably more out there.

It took me several years to find a CC1/MPA2 and radio equipment for my '82 CHP. When I finally did, it was in a large cache of retired CHP stuff. Many members here benefited from that find, and it was all part of the fun.

Good luck with your search, and we'll keep an eye out, too (once you get it confirmed).

(and +1 to what GSPI said...)
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2011, 08:42 PM
OSP959(R)'s Avatar
OSP959(R) OSP959(R) is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure....like I said earlier, I found one (I think it was NOS) and there are probably more out there.

It took me several years to find a CC1/MPA2 and radio equipment for my '82 CHP. When I finally did, it was in a large cache of retired CHP stuff. Many members here benefited from that find, and it was all part of the fun.

Good luck with your search, and we'll keep an eye out, too (once you get it confirmed).

(and +1 to what GSPI said...)
Hey Greg, Mentor PD used overhead consoles in the 90's. Not sure if they still do anymore. I don't know if they did their own installs, or had someone in the county do them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2011, 08:46 PM
GSPI GSPI is offline
...Gathering Parts
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CLE
Posts: 659
Default

I got a Sgt. over there I can go ask about that. That was an LTD/Crown Vic setup from back then. I know they don't use them now but I barely remember those over there as that was something new at the time and I don't remember them using them long due to the extra work of installing them from what I remember. I forgot about that!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2011, 09:55 PM
GSPI GSPI is offline
...Gathering Parts
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CLE
Posts: 659
Default

Come to think of it. I think I can make one of those out of high density styrofoam and fibreglas. As long as the shape is simple, there isn't too much to be done there and it will match what was done in the past with these.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.