Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 03-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Griswald Griswald is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 43
Default

After I finished the driver side fronts, I thought the passenger side would be a breeze......
front bolt had rust/welded to the metal bushing sleeve. Vise grips, a can of WD40, propane torch, 1.5 days, and a shit ton of patience, I got it out.





As expected, the rear lower axle bolts did the same. Since I had room, I ground off the head, then used a bolt and a series of washers to slowly pull it through. After all that, I crawled under to snap some photos, and realized I'd put the lowers of the wrong sides!!! In practice, laughing aloud, and muttering to myself, it only took about 20 minutes to switch them.



New cats, and Flowmasters (of course)

Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.