|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I am starting to fix some things on the body and pulled the tail lights off and found this. Any guesses? I am thinking its a strobe light. I took it out and it looks like a curly glass tube.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hey Evil1, I have been going crazy trying to find out what agency it served with. Carfax did not elaborate. The MVD says all records from 87 have been purged. Talking with some of the local PD I have heard that the City of Mesa had a couple of these, but I have yet to verify that.
I am going to try and get these trunk lights working. I just need to splice in some wires and hope I dont fry anything
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
You are correct...hideaway strobe bulb.
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
all four corners have these in the lamp housing. Now how do they work? there is no wiring left. is there a box or something and where would they hide it?
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
http://www.whelen.com/install/131/13196.pdf
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
The whelen info is good stuff! seems a straight forward install. Thanks for posting that. How many other SSP's were equiped with these?
BTW they are the 3 wire type. I have not had the chance to take the trunk or interior apart to see if there is a power box. Thanks Rob |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
No telling how many had these....they weren't super popular until most of these cars were coming out of service.
My department retro-fitted them to one of the Mustang traffic cars we had that was still on the road...probably in 1999 or so.
__________________
Mike '82 SSP (Marketing Order) '83 Colorado State Patrol #202 '83 Texas DPS '85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187 '93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363 |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|