Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-21-2010, 03:11 PM
CharlesRosenow's Avatar
CharlesRosenow CharlesRosenow is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Shelton, Washington
Posts: 4
Default

It's a personal preference really. I like the feel of being in control of what gears I need to be in, given the situation. Don't get me wrong, I would take one with the AOD just as fast as s 5 speed. I would be an idiot not to.

Where can I see more pics of this Royal Blue one I keep hearing about?

Is there a members ride section with tons of pics I can look at?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-21-2010, 03:18 PM
28HopUp's Avatar
28HopUp 28HopUp is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,550
Default

Hector has a bad link in his siggy to his photo hosting account. Here's his USPS SSP -

http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/s...%20USPS%20SSP/
__________________
Bill Jr.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-21-2010, 07:15 PM
CharlesRosenow's Avatar
CharlesRosenow CharlesRosenow is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Shelton, Washington
Posts: 4
Default

Wow, that is a beautiful piece of machinery.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-21-2010, 10:04 PM
ssp91ssp's Avatar
ssp91ssp ssp91ssp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Hector has a bad link in his siggy to his photo hosting account. Here's his USPS SSP -

http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/s...%20USPS%20SSP/
Thanks , Bill.
__________________
ssp91ssp
Hector

1992 PO.Oregon Police, Bimini Blue, Unit #85655,
Plate #SMY174 Unmarked, Served Central,North,
East Precinct until Aug 2000.
1988 Colorado State Patrol,Unit #246,DSO 76, Glenwood Springs CO.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Rhino's Avatar
Rhino Rhino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 588
Default

Welcome Charles! Yes, Hector has a beautiful USPS car - and with a unique history that few SSPs have (with the postal service). A superb car if you are able to snag it.

As for the 5 speed vs. AOD, it's a personal preference. I have both, and to be honest, I sort of like the AODs when cruising - just less to think about while enjoying the ride in convoy.
__________________
Ryan
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-22-2010, 05:18 PM
ImEvil1's Avatar
ImEvil1 ImEvil1 is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,404
Default

Welcome to the site, Charles.
__________________

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-22-2010, 05:44 PM
texunter's Avatar
texunter texunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: tx
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post

As for the 5 speed vs. AOD, it's a personal preference. I have both, and to be honest, I sort of like the AODs when cruising - just less to think about while enjoying the ride in convoy.
Ditto what he said. I rarely drive my cars because i feel like they are protected from idiotism when they are parked in the shop. When i do though, the automatic is less work and easier to enjoy.

To each his own though. No matter what, get a car that suits you or you wont enjoy it much at all.

Good luck with your hunt, there are quiet a few SSP's out there just waiting for a good home.
__________________
1986 TX DPS M6-373
1987 TX DPS M7-XXX
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-22-2010, 06:25 PM
CharlesRosenow's Avatar
CharlesRosenow CharlesRosenow is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Shelton, Washington
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
A superb car if you are able to snag it.
I would love to snag it. But you know my work thing is going. It would take two years for me to save up the $$ to get it...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.