Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-20-2010, 10:46 AM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXNODRAMANOTCH View Post
Due to being unemployed since March 1st, I've decided to run my 1986 GSP (clone) through a local collector car auction this Saturday.http://www.midamericaauctions.com/sh...ehicleID=19295
Is that a reserve type auction they run? If it doesn't sell will you be listing here? I'm at my limit on SSP's, but would think you'd have a good bit of interest from the forum members.
__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2010, 11:49 AM
EXNODRAMANOTCH's Avatar
EXNODRAMANOTCH EXNODRAMANOTCH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOstang View Post
Is that a reserve type auction they run? If it doesn't sell will you be listing here? I'm at my limit on SSP's, but would think you'd have a good bit of interest from the forum members.
It is a reserve auction. If it does not sell, I'll probably take it to some local Ford shows to sell or maybe have it in the MECUM auction which comes here next month. The car was offered on the 2 SSP sites by the previous owner before I got it and it was met with a cool reception for being a clone made from a real SSP, so I don't know for sure if I will publically offer it to forum members. If there are any interested parties they can PM me.
__________________

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2010, 12:01 PM
mustangretriever's Avatar
mustangretriever mustangretriever is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 292
Default

I think it would look good as a Colorado car :-)
__________________
Eric

1989 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang - P294

www.fotki.com/mustangretriever
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2010, 12:33 PM
EXNODRAMANOTCH's Avatar
EXNODRAMANOTCH EXNODRAMANOTCH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangretriever View Post
I think it would look good as a Colorado car :-)
Good, yes. But not as good as a Georgia State Patrol SSP. I did not mean to offend any white SSP owners, as my first SSP was a white 1986 SSP (I owned Bernie's UHP before Gary and Jim did). Just my opinion. I wonder at auction how an original 1986 GSP would do against an original 1986 CSP (both restored to the same level) as far as final bid amount? Has anyone ever seen or heard of a restored SSP going through a collector car auction? I have not. The MECUM muscle car auction in Indianapolis started yesterday and goes through this Saturday. With over 2,000 cars maybe there will be one.
__________________

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2010, 01:23 PM
MOstang's Avatar
MOstang MOstang is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 2,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXNODRAMANOTCH View Post
Has anyone ever seen or heard of a restored SSP going through a collector car auction? I have not.
I believe one of the members on the other SSP forum sold a CHP SSP (82/83 I think) through one of the auctions last year (or maybe it was in last 18 months) for $19,500 +/- with the reserve being waived. Other than that I don't recall seeing anyone else on the forums refer to an SSP crossing the block. Will be interesting to hear if yours sells...hope it turns out good for you.
__________________
Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2010, 07:32 PM
EXNODRAMANOTCH's Avatar
EXNODRAMANOTCH EXNODRAMANOTCH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 584
Default The clone is gone!

Only about a third of the cars at the auction met reserve and sold today. I was one of the lucky ones (all your well wishes worked!), as my CSP/GSP clone sold for $14k. It went to Ford colector who has over 10 Mustangs (including a 69 428CJ and 08 Shelby GT 500). I drove cars for the auction company today so the auction owner waived the listing and reserve fee and charged me a flat $500.00 commission. Now I want to find job real soon so I can have some money left to buy another SSP!
__________________

1979 2.3 Turbo Pace Car
1989 5.0 LX Convertible
1993 5.0 LX SSP (Nevada Highway Patrol)
2018 2.7 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2010, 07:45 PM
SSPGARY's Avatar
SSPGARY SSPGARY is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 453
Default

Congrats on the sale!!
__________________
2003 AB Mach 1
1992 PASP ( Sold )
2013 Focus ST
2008 P71
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.